Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Limited
358 Posts
tires are 275/60/R20
That’s measured out by most standards as 33x10.8, so that would be a true 33 on your 20” rim. With that being said most member’s aren’t running a true 33” tall tire without a different wheel offset or with an added wheel spacer to help with backspacing to alleviate rub. My 14 Limited has no problem with rub but my tire is 32.6x10.4=265x70x18”

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
That’s measured out by most standards as 33x10.8, so that would be a true 33 on your 20” rim. With that being said most member’s aren’t running a true 33” tall tire without a different wheel offset or with an added wheel spacer to help with backspacing to alleviate rub. My 14 Limited has no problem with rub but my tire is 32.6x10.4=265x70x18”
Thanks for the info Mac. Its minor rub, but still bugs me. I’ll get er looked at.

Anyone have experience with pedal commander? Worth it? Easy install?

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,115 Posts
Anyone have experience with pedal commander? Worth it? Easy install?
Yes and Yes, but some will tell you no.
Depends what your expectations are. It removes the crappy lag these vehicles have because of the throttle by wire. I've been running one for years. They're even better if you can find used for around $150 PC31 version. Check FB marketplace, craigslist and searchtempest.com

·
Registered
2014 Limited
358 Posts
Run one on My 12 Power Wagon and it completely changed the vehicle. 32 total settings 16 up with increased response and 16 down for more conservative (sluggish) driving styles. I don’t use it on my 14 GC as it gets alongside down the road zippy quick and when I feel like it might be a little sluggishness I put it in Sport mode.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Sweet thanks for the info! Think I found my next mod. I’ll keep an eye out for deals...

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,115 Posts
There are other brands that are cheaper. Just google Throttle controller and I'm sure you'll get plenty of hits.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Shaved off some of the front wheel well today to give a bit more clearance on turns. More to do, but it’s getting there. I’m finding a Dremel tool to be very useful for this.

it’s actually amazing how close the tire is to the front wheel well at full crank without any modifications. I’m talking less than a quarter inch.

Anyways fun stuff!

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,115 Posts
Yeah I'm glad I stayed with 32's haha. Do you plan to actually off-road and have to flex? If so you'll probably be doing more trimming.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Yeah I'm glad I stayed with 32's haha. Do you plan to actually off-road and have to flex? If so you'll probably be doing more trimming.
I may do some off-roading down the road. For now it’s mainly road use. I would like to just not have to worry about it rubbing, so I’m going to trim some more just to give me a little wiggle room. Honestly it’s been fun doing some of these modifications. It’s helping me learn more about my Jeep.

im taking a long weekend trip up to Lake Placid in February and it’s super hilly and bumpy up there, so I need to make sure the Jeep’s performing well. For those of you unfamiliar Lake Placid was the site of the 1980 winter olympics and the miracle on ice game. Super awesome town if you ever get the chance to check it out. Great mountains, views, activities, and I’m sure some off roading trails to be seen!

·
Registered
2014 Limited
358 Posts
I may do some off-roading down the road. For now it’s mainly road use. I would like to just not have to worry about it rubbing, so I’m going to trim some more just to give me a little wiggle room. Honestly it’s been fun doing some of these modifications. It’s helping me learn more about my Jeep.

im taking a long weekend trip up to Lake Placid in February and it’s super hilly and bumpy up there, so I need to make sure the Jeep’s performing well. For those of you unfamiliar Lake Placid was the site of the 1980 winter olympics and the miracle on ice game. Super awesome town if you ever get the chance to check it out. Great mountains, views, activities, and I’m sure some off roading trails to be seen!
Sure do, sure have and some of the best trails, period. I’m pushing 32.6 X10.8 x 18’s with no rub on my 14 Limited Andy has none on my ‘11 Laredo either. I think it’s might have something to do with the minor changes in the front fascia. A friend of mine bought the Bushwacker pocket style flares for his ‘15 after seeing mine and they didn’t fit. You can also play with some wheel spacer’s either Bora, or Spidertrax. Make sure they’re Hubcentric and are for the Grand Cherokee. Wrangler spacers are the same but stud size thickness is different. That way you’re factory lugs will still work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Deciding to get Ziebart undercoating and rustproofing done on the Jeep. Anyone have any experience with this? How were the results? I know people in Rochester that get it done on every new vehicle they get. Winters up here are harsh. It apparently also has the added benefit of sound deadening as well which will be nice.

ive seen some videos and people say it’s actually harmful in that it can trap moisture and actually cause rust to occur quicker. I feel like on a new vehicle, the key is cleaning it and making sure your working with a clean rustfree surface before applying.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,115 Posts
Agreed if the shop does it right and make sure it's dry you're fine. If they half-ass it and seal in moisture then you'll have rust underneath. Another option if you don't want to worry about the rust is Fluid Film. There are a few videos on youtube that show what and how it works. I believe it has to be done every year or every other, but people swear by it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Agreed if the shop does it right and make sure it's dry you're fine. If they half-ass it and seal in moisture then you'll have rust underneath. Another option if you don't want to worry about the rust is Fluid Film. There are a few videos on youtube that show what and how it works. I believe it has to be done every year or every other, but people swear by it.
yep Ive read some good things on that fluid. Also something called Krown supposedly is pretty good. Ziebart seems to be the most popular at least up here in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Decided to upgrade to the rough country coil springs, for a bit more compliant ride quality and less stress on some of the front end components. Will keep you all posted on how it turns out!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts