Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm putting this in the right section!

So I just got a 2019 GC Limited. I want to put some 20's wrapped in fatty Nitto Ridge Grapplers but I'm not sure which suspension kit I should get from Rough Country.

I guess as long as you have experience with any brand leveling kit or 2.5" lift on the WK2, my question is what size tires could I put on with these lifts? Considering I want decently wide 20's and don't want to trim or rub or anything if possible.

Pictures are more than welcome! Also not quite sure how to decipher tires sizes. I understand the last number is the size of the wheel but if someone wants to explain what the first 2 numbers mean as well that's be awesome! (Ex. 285-60-20)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the “2.5 inch spacer” from rough country. I put the quotes because I don’t believe it lifted neither the front or back 2.5”. Anyways I got 275/65/18 had to fold the pinch weld and push the felt around. Still have slight rubbing when backing up on driver side with wheel at full crank to the right.

when it comes to tires the first number is the height of the tire. 275=about 32 inches and the second number is the the tire profile meaning from edge of tire to the bead. I think this number also dictates the width of the tire.

with stock wheels I have 1.75” spacers and 275/65/18 and this is how mine sits.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
A lift will not change the tire diameter capacities of the JGC. With or without a lift, you're limited to ~32" in diameter without physical modification of the pinch welds; ~33 if you do the modifications. A lift might provide you with a visual change you like, but is static relative to tire size. If you do upsize from OEM tire diameter, you'll also need to change your spare to a tire of the same diameter. Your speedo and odo will no longer be accurate and that can only be changed by investing in some software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts