Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a new 2022 Grand Cherokee and the transmission has been slipping since day 1. It slips from a dean stop when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. They have already done a software reflash and put on a new valve body. Going to have to take it back now to see about getting a new transmission. At this point we don’t even want it anymore. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum.
All i can say is keep on them until its right.
Document everything and keep any paper work the dealership gives you just in case.
If it gets to the point of no satisfaction might want to contact Jeep Cares here and see if they can grease the skids with your dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a new 2022 Grand Cherokee and the transmission has been slipping since day 1. It slips from a dean stop when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. They have already done a software reflash and put on a new valve body. Going to have to take it back now to see about getting a new transmission. At this point we don’t even want it anymore. Any suggestions?
My 22' Limited WL has had the same issue since day 1. I got off work one day to take it up to the dealership just to come back 4 hours later and have them tell me they couldn't replicate the problem. I don't have the time to keep bringing it up there. Yolo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are still waiting on our replacement transmission. When it is replaced I will let you know if it resolves the issue. Have them get the transmission over 170 degrees and they should be able to replicate it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
My 22' Limited WL has had the same issue since day 1. I got off work one day to take it up to the dealership just to come back 4 hours later and have them tell me they couldn't replicate the problem. I don't have the time to keep bringing it up there. Yolo.
Either try a different dealership or sooner or later the tranny will fail completely and then let them say 'no problem found'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts