Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive parking light

So I’m getting a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo short wheel base. I have ordered the satin black hellcat 22 9.5 wheels and 265/40/22 tires. I’m debating if I should have gotten 275/45/22 instead. I don’t want the tires to look like rubber bands. Should I stick to the 265/40/22 or get the 275/45/22 ? Or another size? . Any recommendations would be appreciated. This is my bad Attempt to photo shop lol

·
Registered
'23 GC WL74 Limited (Jim)
156 Posts
This little calculator has helped my quite a bit. It will give you an idea of the difference. Just fill in the info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This little calculator has helped my quite a bit. It will give you an idea of the difference. Just fill in the info.

Thanks. I did do exactly that both seem to fit fine. Wanted to see what members recommend. I’m new to the Jeep world and just wanted to reach out to see any words of wisdom.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks. I did do exactly that both seem to fit fine. Wanted to see what members recommend. I’m new to the Jeep world and just wanted to reach out to see any words of wisdom.
I understand, I'm new to the Grand Cherokee myself. Hopefully someone will come along to help.

Jim

Reactions: Jlop511

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,171 Posts
Renember, ride comfort/quality usually degrades with thinner tires.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is there a big difference in ride quality and comfort from a 275/40/22 to a 275/45/22 ?
Now this is just my opinion, and we know what they say about opinions. Ride quality is certainly a relative thing, but you don't have a lot of side wall with either size tire. Of course air pressure will play a big part in the ride, but the side wall does also. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 242003
View attachment 242004

So I’m getting a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo short wheel base. I have ordered the satin black hellcat 22 9.5 wheels and 265/40/22 tires. I’m debating if I should have gotten 275/45/22 instead. I don’t want the tires to look like rubber bands. Should I stick to the 265/40/22 or get the 275/45/22 ? Or another size? . Any recommendations would be appreciated. This is my bad Attempt to photo shop lol

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Overland
26 Posts
Saw a school bus in one of your pictures. My wife says that my L looks like a bus. I guess you got the short bus.🤣🤣 Just kidding. Your ride looks awesome and what a great wheel choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Saw a school bus in one of your pictures. My wife says that my L looks like a bus. I guess you got the short bus.🤣🤣 Just kidding. Your ride looks awesome and what a great wheel choice.
Lol that’s what my wife said too.. but what do they know . They can’t even decide on what to eat lol . Thanks bro. Now I have to get running boards my kids can’t get in on their own. Hopefully it will add to the look instead of taking away from it .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts