Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Overland '22 Summit
136 Posts
Just made my first car payment. Still no vehicle. Paid car insurance on a vehicle that I don’t have.

I even had another local glass company order the last about 2 weeks ago and it came in. I made several calls and emails to the dealer/coorp - the individual assigned has been out sick I was told.

Holiday weekend, Monday will be 3 weeks. I wish someone would just tell me this is the avenue we need to follow and this is the only option. Yes, in some ways FCA has tried to make this right, but I thought that was based on a 2 week turnaround.

Really do not know if I should request a replacement vehicle or buyback? I am getting to the point I really don’t want the vehicle back.
I'd request the buyback or replacement.

While I could, I will not at this point. . I am no longer working for myself on this one, I am paying for customer service and expect follow through. Clear communication is all that is needed and it hasn’t been clear since day one for the most part.

1. Rear bumper appliqué installed twice and not right, now needs to be done a 3rd time
2. They never did air down the tires to the correct PSI, waiting for that to be done
3. Rear Hatch Glass - I coordinated options for Jeep and FCA. Have not been told if those options are viable or not
Every new car I've had has come with over-inflated tires. I just bleed them to the correct pressure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
I'd request the buyback or replacement.

Every new car I've had has come with over-inflated tires. I just bleed them to the correct pressure.
I requested a replacement or buyback in the email yesterday.

The car is sitting in the shop with no rear glass, not covered, and other windows down. They keep moving to outside and then inside. There is construction going on 100 ft away and so much dam dust inside of the vehicle already.

They can correct the tire PSI. I shouldn’t have to go behind them.

You can track the increased frustration in this thread can’t ya

·
Registered
'14 Overland '22 Summit
136 Posts
I requested a replacement or buyback in the email yesterday.

The car is sitting in the shop with no rear glass, not covered, and other windows down. They keep moving to outside and then inside. There is construction going on 100 ft away and so much dam dust inside of the vehicle already.

They can correct the tire PSI. I shouldn’t have to go behind them.

You can track the increased frustration in this thread can’t ya
It might take a letter from an attorney to be taken seriously if this dealer is that bad.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
577 Posts
While I could, I will not at this point. . I am no longer working for myself on this one, I am paying for customer service and expect follow through. Clear communication is all that is needed and it hasn’t been clear since day one for the most part.

1. Rear bumper appliqué installed twice and not right, now needs to be done a 3rd time
2. They never did air down the tires to the correct PSI, waiting for that to be done
3. Rear Hatch Glass - I coordinated options for Jeep and FCA. Have not been told if those options are viable or not
How can this be so difficult?
I mean the tire pressure you can adjust yourself?
Rear bumper appliqué? What is that? A protective film for the bumper when loading stuff?
The rear glass must be doable me thinking but probably tricky when someone does it the first time with all the stuff that may be attached to it?
Current parts shortages are a real paint that's for sure!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
How can this be so difficult?
I mean the tire pressure you can adjust yourself?
Rear bumper appliqué? What is that? A protective film for the bumper when loading stuff?
The rear glass must be doable me thinking but probably tricky when someone does it the first time with all the stuff that may be attached to it?
Current parts shortages are a real paint that's for sure!
1. Asked and paid the dealer to order the part and install it prior to taking delivery. That didn’t happen, came in on my day off, they could not install it correctly. Had to order a new one. Well, than next Monday rear glass broke. Dealer got the company out to install it and they didn’t clean the car, and it was installed, and had dirt and debris under the rear bumper appliqué - so I paid $200 for that
2. They did not do the prior delivery check and clean on the vehicle. I should not have to air down my own tires. Believe it or not, have health issues, it isn’t that easy for me. Something that should be done prior to delivery.
3. Rear glass delivered and waiting for to be installed which I did as a back up just in case due to all this circus going on. There is a part shortage, I have been understanding on that part. But when the glass is now local, and the personal handling the case gets sick, and haven’t heard one way or another, I been left in the dark for another 8+ days.

On Saturday the OEM Engine Cover and Side Steps were delivered. Don’t need them at this point. Those are up for sale now as don’t anticipate I will have this car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
It sucks that your having such a bad time with this vehicle but I suspect most of it is due to an incompetent dealer.
if you do end up keeping it, find another dealer to service it thats at all possible
Dealer has been very nice about things, but I just suspect they are not on the same page.

The one big part of this entire situation is corporate individual being out last week and no one else covering, owner of the glass company passing away (I donated to the family and paid my respects) and then the service manager/adviser leaving early Friday and me with no updates.

Frustrating as there are 2 rear hatch glasses waiting and no word on what is going on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jeep Wave® - an exceptional premium program offering best-in-class coverage. Packed with exciting benefits & perks, created to bring owners the ultimate experience & 24/7 support. Enjoy a free same-day vehicle rental for maintenance, free tire pressure adjustment + trip interruption coverage up to $1k per occurrence. Call 844-JEEP-WAVE & speak to an expert consultant.
@JeepCares

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
Jeep Wave® - an exceptional premium program offering best-in-class coverage. Packed with exciting benefits & perks, created to bring owners the ultimate experience & 24/7 support.
Enjoy a free same-day vehicle rental for maintenance, free tire pressure adjustment + trip interruption coverage up to $1k per occurrence.
Call 844-JEEP-WAVE & speak to a highly trained consultant.
@JeepCares
Have those details in my email already, but thank you for bringing it up for others.

Wonder if the dealer will replace the battery since it is now dead

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Picked up the new rear hatch glass and just dropped it off at the dealer. Hope it and that car finds a good home.

The new Jeeps are very beautiful, is a shame.

Sounds like Jake22 is getting a laugh out of all this, at least it is entertaining for some.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts