Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
577 Posts
Picked up the new rear hatch glass and just dropped it off at the dealer. Hope it and that car finds a good home.

The new Jeeps are very beautiful, is a shame.

Sounds like Jake22 is getting a laugh out of all this, at least it is entertaining for some.
Not entertaining in a good way for me of course but it is quite something for sure.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve 4x4 5.7L
232 Posts
Why didn’t you ask them to shut the doors and windows and put plastic over the back window?

Reactions: tallguy and Jake22

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have to ask someone to care or think?
Did they do it on their own? No. So the answer to your question is, obviously you do.

If you saw your car wide open in the conditions you described why wouldn’t you ask them to close it up?

• Helpful
Reactions: tallguy and Jake22

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Did they do it to their own? No. So the answer to your question is, obviously you do.

If you saw your car wide open in the conditions you described why wouldn’t you ask them to close it up?
Yes, they did it on their own free will. They opened the rear hatch and left the front windows down.

Labor Day Weekend, they were closed for 3+ days. Did you have a key to the building? Oh wait, was I suppose to ask about that too?

Some just don’t care.

Oh well

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, they did it on their own free will. They opened the rear hatch and left the front windows down.

Labor Day Weekend, they were closed for 3+ days. Did you have a key to the building? Oh wait, was I suppose to ask about that too?

Some just don’t care.

Oh well
Your previous posts seemed to indicate it was left open for 11 days straight getting dust from the neighboring business in it so I was just wondering why you didn’t ask them to close it up during those 11 days. Just seemed there was some conflicting claims or info so I was wondering.

Reactions: Jake22

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Your previous posts seemed to indicate it was left open for 11 days straight getting dust from the neighboring business in it so I was just wondering why you didn’t ask them to close it up during those 11 days. Just seemed there was some conflicting claims or info so I was wondering.
What is the date of the post I indicated that?

·
Registered
232 Posts
What is the date of the post I indicated that?
I’m not going to try and search your previous posts on my phone. It was just what I thought your post indicated so that’s why I asked.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jake22

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I’m not going to try and search your previous posts on my phone. It was just what I thought your post indicated so that’s why I asked.
Just because you asked doesn’t mean one has to comply.

But once again, thank you for your support through this process. Please hold your spouses and children near during these trialing times.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Have to take it to the body shop in a few days and have it car repaired and glass re repaired. No care or pride in any of this.

Glass Installer and dealer damaged and new glass the car when removing items and installing. Not sure if the dealer damages on purpose and vandalized ok purpose?

I confronted the dealer and they said we are closed, get out, don’t come back

Would advise folks steer clear of St. Clair Jeep in St. Clair, MI and Scott’s Auto Glass in Port Huron, MI

There is shattered glass inside the rear hatch panel rolling around.

Just some pictures of the damage. Note the body damage of when they installed the side boards
Hood Automotive lighting Slope Bumper Window

Outerwear Sleeve Grey Denim Sportswear

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Grey

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting

Hood Rim Automotive design Tints and shades Window

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Car

Hood Rectangle Automotive design Gadget Automotive exterior

Hood Grey Automotive exterior Tints and shades Vehicle door

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
577 Posts
Definitely a sketchy thing going on here and not how a vehicle should be fixed!
I changed the levels of that one picture showing the black sealant? Too much sealant and at the wrong spots?
Looks gross and the glass on the lower left corner appears strange too, could be residue only but looks banged up?

Hood Automotive lighting Windscreen wiper Vehicle door Automotive mirror

·
Registered
'14 Overland '22 Summit
136 Posts
Have to take it to the body shop in a few days and have it car repaired and glass re repaired. No care or pride in any of this.

Glass Installer and dealer damaged and new glass the car when removing items and installing. Not sure if the dealer damages on purpose and vandalized ok purpose?

I confronted the dealer and they said we are closed, get out, don’t come back

Would advise folks steer clear of St. Clair Jeep in St. Clair, MI and Scott’s Auto Glass in Port Huron, MI

There is shattered glass inside the rear hatch panel rolling around.

Just some pictures of the damage. Note the body damage of when they installed the side boards
View attachment 244669
View attachment 244676
View attachment 244677
View attachment 244675
View attachment 244674
View attachment 244673
View attachment 244670
View attachment 244672
View attachment 244671
Yikes. If Stellantis hasn't agreed to a buy back yet, you should be talking to a good lawyer. It will be $ well spent.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
Definitely a sketchy thing going on here and not how a vehicle should be fixed!
I changed the levels of that one picture showing the black sealant? Too much sealant and at the wrong spots?
Looks gross and the glass on the lower left corner appears strange too, could be residue only but looks banged up?

View attachment 244680
The black is the primer, there is window sealant in several places, gouges/scratches on the taillights. Yes, the new rear glass now has chips in it - glass is tempered, it will need to be replaced again.

Spoiler deck, rear external trim, and interior trim on the rear hatch all damaged pretty darn good. Will be dropping it off at the body shop tomorrow. In a rental right now.

Will let my insurance company handle the repairs and go after the dealer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Sent all supporting information - emails, texts, and correspondence to insurance, being assigned to an investigator and they should be reaching out to the dealer, glass company, and Jeep/FCA/Stellantis

I am sure there will be more to follow. Believe the insurance may surrogate- go after the dealer and glass shop.

Same time there will be a complaint filed with the state against the deale

I am not using a torque wrench on this one, no backing down this far in

Wonder if JeepCares is following this thread 🤨

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Insurance confirmed receiving all the supporting documentation, under review.

Will be following up on if the parts were all ordered or not.

Received another follow up email survey regarding the service. Never received paperwork as declined to sign due to them damaging or appears to vandalize the vehicle

101 - 120 of 131 Posts