Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

· Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
628 Posts
Some people don't like the look of mudflaps. I live where we use chip-sealed pavement (basically deconstructed asphalt), which kicks rocks into the car and trailer, and in the winter we use crushed granite instead of salt. Constant windshield replacements, constant touchup paint on the car, even with full frontal and lower side PPF, mud flaps, and OEM wheels/tires that don't even stick out from the fenders.

I installed the 'Road Armor' mudflaps on my '21 as they don't stand out from the bodywork as much, but between chips and snow buildup, it doesn't make sense not to use them in the mountains. On other vehicles I've used heavier duty rubber flaps (like they use in Africa, etc, places with a lot of gravel roads and a need for the flexibility off road). They look more like you see on Cruisers and Land Rovers in third world countries.

If you don't want/need them, suit yourself, but a lot of us find them highly practical.
...I had them on, hated the looks, removed them, and in 8 years not one stone chip :)
They are definitely making for a hot topic here but that was not really my intention, I trigged this, I get that, sorry about that.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
...I had them on, hated the looks, removed them, and in 8 years not one stone chip :)
They are definitely making for a hot topic here but that was not really my intention, I trigged this, I get that, sorry about that.
It all depends on where you live. Also, moreso because some people have reported their WL paint is chipping really easily. No mudflats in WY not only makes you a nuisance to others, but your car just gets trashed with all the chip sealed roads, and crushed granite in the winter.

Florida? No mud flaps, no problem.

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Hot topic is that St. Clair Jeep not stepping up and Stellantis Mike MacDonald not being good to his word.

While they think I will not see this out till the end, they are wrong.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Bought a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee WL Laredo 13 days ago, had the vehicle for 5-6 days before the rear hatch glass shattered.

No grass was cut, not near a road Where a rock hit it….I am on the road about 80-90 miles a day. Closed the drivers door and I ducked….. broken glass

I love this car, the short time I have had it, but this is a bit confusing and concerning - Chrysler/MOPAR sending the wrong glass 2-3 times is even scarier and the rear glass is now on back order.

The dealer has been amazing to work with as they provided me a used car to drive so I can get to work and back.

Jeep Cares/Customer Service has not been helpful. I will say, I am a bit concerned about quality control/reliability on this thing and FCA.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was going to join and be a member of the forum prior to all this happening, but this is my first post.

View attachment 244221
View attachment 244220
Happened to me yesterday but it was the driver's side back window. $517, it's on back order and won't be in until December 8th. I called Jeep and was told glass is not covered under warranty. My Grand Cherokee is a 2022 Overland.

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Happened to me yesterday but it was the driver's side back window. $517, it's on back order and won't be in until December 8th. I called Jeep and was told glass is not covered under warranty. My Grand Cherokee is a 2022 Overland.
How many miles?
Did you happen to use your rear defroster? Was the car running? Have pictures?
Make sure the glass company or dealer runs your VIN, wrong glass came in several times

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Really weird. Did it happen while you were in it? Parked? Driving? Near a street?
I’m almost 50 and have never seen this happen without cause. I know it happens, but it’s extremely rare.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts