Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked it up today. Initial impression so far:
  • Dash and UConnect interface are super intuitive to configure.
  • Interior plastics are definitely not what my Audi was made of, but 100% fitting for Jeep in this configuration so zero complaints. I'm not sure if interiors of Summit / Reserves have different materials, but I'd personally find them unacceptable at that price point, in a model with more luxury interior intent.
  • Love how many charging outlets they build into these, including a conventional plug.
  • It's too bad the 18" rims and associated off-road package components are next to impossible to order on other models (I would have got an Overland + OR if I had the choice.)
  • Surprised that the hood decal actually works to reduce glare. Super sunny day when I drove it home and I felt it "worked" in that regard.

Only two build quality issues I noticed:
  • Trunk door on the side where it creases upwards, it looks like they used about 2mm of touch up paint after the fact.
  • Passenger side door, there is a 'spec' that feels like a raised bump of metal that looks like it needs some touch up paint. Will be taking it back to the dealer for that.
Otherwise, love it. Glad to have the last of the non-direct injected engines w/o any hybrid components. Plan on keeping this conventional powertrain as long as it and the car hold up. It was nice paying below invoice when every other car on the floor has $2k market adjustment.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The finishing package was deleted from my order. I suspect that maybe the hood film is incompatible with the Trailhawk's decal. That said, I'd highly recommend ordering the mudflaps. I'm seeing a decent amount of dirt kicked up to the lower door sills. Just placed the order for F/R and hopefully that resolves it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OEM, your Mopar.com account will lead you to an e-commerce site. The mud flaps are currently on sale + you’ll likely have an additional coupon code to enter at checkout. The current code is 71234567897.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more thing for new owners, look under your floormats! I was vacuuming my trunk before putting in the cargo liner and decided to quickly do the floors. I should have taken a picture, but underneath the driver's side floormat it was covered in crushed rocks and dust, like someone with really dirty work boots sat in it and drove it (my car did have 37 miles on the odometer when I took delivery). Spent about 5 min with the vac getting it clean before putting the mat back on top.

So, add this to my list of minor quibbles. Going to the dealer next week for the touch up paint issue. Again, thrilled with the car but I now understand some of the quality differences between a lower-tier American brand (IMO, Chrysler was always < Ford/GM) versus upper tier Euro brands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts