Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
This has been in discussion for some time now in the "main thread" as well as others. At the moment, it seems to be in flux. My guess is that is because of supply chain. Hopefully, many of these things will resolve over time. Meanwhile, if you need the off road package, the only"assured" way of that right now seems to be going with the Trailhawk trim level.

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
If they manage to fix our 2022 and we keep it I would like to at least obtain the skid plates.
I cannot imagine that would be an issue, at least based on historical. Mount points should exist on all trims. It would be uneconomical to manufacture different underpinnings.

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
Would the new platform be the same as the one we knew for about 10 years?

----
No. WL is a completely new platform. (It does retain certain drivetrain components, of course) But my point is that similar to "WK2", the mounting points for features like skids, if they are offered from the OEM on "any" trim, will most likely be there on all the other trims, even if the OEM doesn't offer the accessory specifically for those other trims. There certainly can be aspects of a vehicle that might interfere with using a specific accessory, as there was with some rock rails/side steps in the "WK2"'s Summit and HA, or with blocked mounting points as there were for tow hooks on the same. But the places to screw things on/in? Mostly likely there. Bottom line, I strongly suspect that the poster can buy the skids (parts) that are standard on the WL Trailhawk and put them on any other WL trim. Do I know that for sure? Nope. But I'd be hella surprised if my speculation proved wrong.

Reactions: Sarge

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
Do you know if the eLSD in the WL is different from what they used in the WK2?
No clue, honestly. But given that "in general", the drivetrain seems to be shared with the "WK2", it's likely that its the same or very, very similar, at least physically. Electronics/computer...well...I suspect there are differences and how that figures into the integration may matter.

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
The 17" (and 16") would probably not work on the WL, but I'd like to hear other's opinion on a WL with the 17" wheels.
The WL Laredo comes with 17s. That's the smallest that can be used with the JGC's standard brakes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts