Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2023 Grand Cherokee Overland 4xe
499 Posts
I tried to order it months ago on a 2022 - it was never possible. So we ended up with one without that option. We plan to add the skid plates…. I think the Quadra Drive was the issue

· Premium Member
499 Posts
The supply chain is all messed up . We have a friend with a 2018 waiting for a water pump for a V6 Summit - the latest is it could be 3 months - our 2022 needed a new brake booster and the electronics - it took about 6 weeks to get our new 2022 fixed. Jeep appears to have lost some suppliers…. Thing is it’s everywhere - we were looking at Volvos till we found out how many were sitting at the dealer waiting for parts.

· Premium Member
499 Posts
So they could rename the US model the Almost Overland.
If they manage to fix our 2022 and we keep it I would like to at least obtain the skid plates.
The entire Grand Cherokee WL release has been, in my opinion, a complete mess.
I pity anyone that starts having issues. Getting it fixed is an adventure. Too bad as it is a beautiful vehicle.

· Premium Member
499 Posts
I am thinking of doing this -- get an overland (2 row model) with massaging seats and macintosh stereo (you can't get these on the JGC trailhawk) and then buy the 18 inch AT tire/wheel pkg (probably $2500-3000) and then skid plates from mopar parts. Since it has quadra drive II and the air suspension it has all I need for off - roading -- just don't want to off road on stock overland 20 inch tires and w/o skid plates. If eLSD is holding up the entire overland off road package then here is a solution that gets you 90% + there.
I have an Overland - the Overland has Quadra Trac II - Quadra Drive II would have eLSD and comes with the Off Road package. I tried to order one last summer. Ours has the Quadra Trac II. The massage seats and the McIntosh audio is awesome.

Unfortunately ours has had issues and is being bought back. We now have an Overland 4Xe on order.

· Premium Member
499 Posts
Just another thought... we just purchased a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 yesterday that has 17" wheels. We already have a 2015 WK2 with 18" wheels and I have to say I like the looks of the 17" better. Performance wise, time will tell.

We currently have:
  1. 2000 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (maxed out option-wise) with 16" wheels.
  2. 2008 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.0 CRD (maxed out option-wise) with 17" wheels.
  3. 2015 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel (maxed out option-wise) with 18"
  4. 2019 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.6 L Pentastar V6 (minimal options) with 17" wheels.
I like them all, but I like the 17" on the WK2 better than the 18". For me, I think the 18" would work well for the WL. The 17" (and 16") would probably not work on the WL, but I'd like to hear other's opinion on a WL with the 17" wheels. I only know for sure that the 20" wheels on a WK2 or WL Jeep.seems counter-intuitive.
The trick will be getting a setup that will fit when you consider the upper control arm that protrudes over the tire.

· Premium Member
499 Posts
Jeep is making this so frustrating. I just really wanted to buy a 2 row overland with off road package which would give it 18 inch all terrain wheels/tires (what the JGC trailhawk has) and skid plates....and I guess the eLSD. I want the overland so I can ride in luxury to the trail head (massaging seats, macinstoh stereo, etc) and then raise the suspension to 11 inches and put it in 4 lo rock mode and have some fun. To me the overland with off road pkg was the perfect JGC. Sure the trailhawk is the best off road but as you know the trailhawk does not offer massaging seats and the macintosh stereo .....and on the other hand since the overland does not offer the off road pkg you are stuck with 20 inch street tires and no skid plates. So at this time the only solution is to spend $3-4K out of pocket to give it the proper wheel/tires and skid plates.
They are - we tried for 6 months to order a 22 4Xe with the Trail Rated package. Overland = off road / Trail Rated, right?
Never got the order to go.
Our first WK was a 2011 Overland Hemi with the Trailrated package. It was great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts