Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
This has been in discussion for some time now in the "main thread" as well as others. At the moment, it seems to be in flux. My guess is that is because of supply chain. Hopefully, many of these things will resolve over time. Meanwhile, if you need the off road package, the only"assured" way of that right now seems to be going with the Trailhawk trim level.
It also seems like you still get the eLSD on the Summit and Summit Reserve, but the 'comparison' tool online shows the eLSD as "not available" on the Overland for MY 23. In the past it showed as available, although I don't think they ever built more than one red Overland press car with the Off Road Group.

The eLSD seems to be an ongoing supply chain problem, which I'm shocked they haven't figured out this far along.

The weird thing now is that when I've gone on the build page, it has a $400 credit for eLSD delete on the Summit Reserve, but not on the Summit, which makes me wonder if you can even get it on anything but the Summit Reserve and Trailhawk.

I sent an email to the guy I'm working on my replacement with at Stellantis yesterday, hopefully I'll have some clarification but he takes a while to reply.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Check again…the OFF ROAD GROUP is now listed in the online build & price option on Jeep’s website. Stellantis has also issued press releases in the last couple months touting its addition to the 2023 Overland L
I just tried, and it's not listed on the 'build and price' configurator for the '23 4x4 V8 Overland in the USA. IME, if it's not on that, it's not orderable.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
So they could rename the US model the Almost Overland.
If they manage to fix our 2022 and we keep it I would like to at least obtain the skid plates.
The entire Grand Cherokee WL release has been, in my opinion, a complete mess.
I pity anyone that starts having issues. Getting it fixed is an adventure. Too bad as it is a beautiful vehicle.
Thanks for your pity. They should call it the Overlift, since they spend most of their time on lifts.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
No. WL is a completely new platform. (It does retain certain drivetrain components, of course) But my point is that similar to "WK2", the mounting points for features like skids, if they are offered from the OEM on "any" trim, will most likely be there on all the other trims, even if the OEM doesn't offer the accessory specifically for those other trims. There certainly can be aspects of a vehicle that might interfere with using a specific accessory, as there was with some rock rails/side steps in the "WK2"'s Summit and HA, or with blocked mounting points as there were for tow hooks on the same. But the places to screw things on/in? Mostly likely there. Bottom line, I strongly suspect that the poster can buy the skids (parts) that are standard on the WL Trailhawk and put them on any other WL trim. Do I know that for sure? Nope. But I'd be hella surprised if my speculation proved wrong.
Do you know if the eLSD in the WL is different from what they used in the WK2?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts