Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into an issue today where the WL third row seat would not move up or down and would stay locked in place. I moved the head rest up and down a few times (it would still detract upon button press) and then pressed the back button repeatedly when it was making the motor retract sound each time then the 10th time or so it started working normally. After about 5 more normal operations, the button was unresponsive again for several presses then later started working again. It seems to be working fine now but wanted to post the intermittent issue.

Not sure if anyone else is getting third row seat electronics / motor issue but the dealership told me they had the issue reported previously and thought the headrest or sensor mechanisms were getting stuck or blocked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My grand Cherokee L was on the lot day 1 with a 3rd row seat that wouldn’t go down. They fixed it and then I ran into issues intermittently where it would work at times and other times it wouldn’t. I had it repaired at the dealership again, and only a month later now the seat is stuck up and won’t go down. The mother makes sound but the seat doesn’t move.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I ran into an issue today where the WL third row seat would not move up or down and would stay locked in place. I moved the head rest up and down a few times (it would still detract upon button press) and then pressed the back button repeatedly when it was making the motor retract sound each time then the 10th time or so it started working normally. After about 5 more normal operations, the button was unresponsive again for several presses then later started working again. It seems to be working fine now but wanted to post the intermittent issue.

Not sure if anyone else is getting third row seat electronics / motor issue but the dealership told me they had the issue reported previously and thought the headrest or sensor mechanisms were getting stuck or blocked.
My grand Cherokee L was on the lot day 1 with a 3rd row seat that wouldn’t go down. They fixed it and then I ran into issues intermittently where it would work at times and other times it wouldn’t. I had it repaired at the dealership again, and only a month later now the seat is stuck up and won’t go down. The mother makes sound but the seat doesn’t move.
Hi there.

If either of you want to discuss your concerns further or need support at a dealership appointment, we're here to help.
separately private message our team to chat further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts