Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a little bit more time behind the wheel of my wife's 23 GCL Summit High Altitude, hence the flurry of posts re: issues with the vehicle. Our dealership has already ordered a new steering wheel for us but I wanted to post so others who are expecting delivery of new vehicles can take a closer look when their new GC arrives.

In these photos you can see the issues with the leather, but also the issues where the silver trim around the steering wheel controls is not correctly in the designated channels and is sticking up/overlapping the "wood" trim.

Car Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's my understanding the bulletin addresses bad seams & untucked edges. Neither of those are the problems we have. I was also pointing out the poor fitting trim pieces. I will closely inspect the new steering wheel when it arrives and hopefully it's in much better shape than this one.

· Registered
862 Posts
It's my understanding the bulletin addresses bad seams & untucked edges. Neither of those are the problems we have. I was also pointing out the poor fitting trim pieces. I will closely inspect the new steering wheel when it arrives and hopefully it's in much better shape than this one.
It addresses, poor appearance, which covers just about everything.
Nobody should have any problem getting a replacement steering wheel if they have any appearance issues and ask the dealer to replace it.
There is also an RRT specifically for the trim issues which I believe was released a few weeks ago

· Registered
226 Posts
I don't understand the trim on the wood steering wheel issue, do you have a pic of what it should look like? I pulled a Jeep press photo and it matches what you have.

Vehicle Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle Steering part

Car Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Speedometer

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't understand the trim on the wood steering wheel issue, do you have a pic of what it should look like? I pulled a Jeep press photo and it matches what you have.

View attachment 246867

View attachment 246868
View attachment 246869
Automotive lighting Brass instrument Automotive design Motor vehicle Audio equipment

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Steering wheel

Based on the press photos you posted it does look the same. However, in real life it appears these pieces do not fit properly. You can easily stick something underneath the silver piece as it's sitting on top of the wood trim whereas it appears it should fit just above the wood trim into a slight groove (the edges of each should be flush).

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An update from Jeep Customer Service is they're having trouble getting the steering wheel or even a timeline of when the steering wheel will be available.
Here's a couple close ups again just highlighting something to look for. Very poor fitting for the trim pieces.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Gear shift Motor vehicle

Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I popped these trim pieces loose to see if I could adjust them. Unfortunately, it looks like just a poor design on Jeep's part. The trim pieces have two parts on the backside that snap into a hole & slot underneath. The hole & slot are in a position that causes the trim piece to be angled and overlap the wood trim instead of the edges of each piece matching up.
Hood Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle Steering wheel

Hood Automotive design Camera lens Automotive tire Reflex camera

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Received an update from Jeep Customer Care that the steering wheel is on restriction and cannot be ordered until January 18th at the earliest. They're still working with Corporate to try to expedite one, but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts