Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I learned my lesson on third party extended warranties about 10-15 years ago. Went with a huge company that was well known - they filed for bankruptcy and I lost all that money. I will never buy a third party extended warranty again. The MOPAR extended warranty is just an extension of the bumper to bumper 3/36 warranty and I've never had any issues with it.

And make sure to go with one of the dealers that is mentioned in the forum. You'll save hundred/thousands of dollars. You could always ask what the typical price jump is in a year and decide based on that. I would probably just get it and then you don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My wife bought a Subaru Crosstrek a few years ago and we inquired about the Extended Subaru warranty at the dealership, even though I planned to buy it online for cheaper. The finance guy said they only carried the third party warranty (though a company owned by Warren Buffet?) and tried to convince me that it was better than the Subaru one. They he added it without our permission. Of course we immediately had it removed and complained.

It makes me so mad that so many unsuspecting customers got suckered into buying a third party warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts