Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
I just finished a 'dealer service experience' that is relevant to this discussion. tl;dr follows.

2014 WK2, 110K miles.

I had an AC hose replaced to fix the "AC sounds like it is on a ventilator" problem. It took a little work to get them to find the leaking hose in plain sight.
When I picked the vehicle up, the ACC/FCW was not working. Several go-arounds with them, me saying "you probably knocked the radar out of alignment when you took off the front fascia" and them saying "nope, coincidence, we need to replace the $2K sensor."
I said that was stupid, you were working in that area, and it is clearly behaving like it is misaligned.

So I said "Fine. That's not a $2000 part, that's a $100 part. Lifetime Maxcare. Do whatever you want." .. so they stuck to their guns for a bit, but finally relented and decided to do the alignment procedure. When the took the radar bezel off, they saw the adjusting screw they had knocked out of place. The service manager thanked me profusely for sticking to my guns.

If it was a third-party warranty, this would have been a massive pissing contest. with the mopar warranty, it is "IDFC, fix it." ..

So, the WL75 I have on order is definitely gonna get a mopar service plan.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Depends on the state, and possibly other things. My '14 was purchased in Mass, has a Mass MAXCARE, and it is not transferable.
The new '23 will be ''purchased' in FL, will have a FL MAXCARE, which is transferable (and way more expensive).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts