Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Op i was in the same boat as you.
The finance guy slipped in a 3rd party ext. warranty.
I assumed it would be a Mopar warranty and didn't pay attention, definitely my bad.
And worse its only good up to 75K miles.

Just recently purchased a Mopar MaxCare warranty good up to 160K miles and now i can sleep well at night.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I don’t think the actual Mopar extended warranties go up to 160k miles. You sure that’s what you got?
Yes it is a legit Mopar warranty!
Trust me, been up and down inside and out over and under verifying this warranty.
Its a power train extended warranty offered by a division of Mopar for vehicles approaching their factory power train mileage experation.
Its also listed on the mopar.com website.
Before i bought it i also contacted Ziegler who offered a used car policy of up to only 108K miles but was cheaper than this one.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
So the question is. Is the coverage only applicable to you as the owner or can a family member inherit the vehicle and the warranty?
The MaxCare warranty i have is transferable.
From my contract terms:
TRANSFERABILITY: You may transfer the remaining Coverage on the Vehicle
under this Agreement, if You or the transferee of this
Agreement initiates the transfer process and provides the following
items to Us, within 30 days of the Vehicle sale:
(i) a statement of the mileage on the Vehicle at the time of transfer; and

(ii)the name, address and phone number of the transferee;
:

As Jim_in_PA said check out the terms documentation.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Depends on the state, and possibly other things. My '14 was purchased in Mass, has a Mass MAXCARE, and it is not transferable.
The new '23 will be ''purchased' in FL, will have a FL MAXCARE, which is transferable (and way more expensive).
Wise move if you're moving from Mass to the free land of Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts