Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use the official Mopar Maximum Care Extended Service Contract. NEVER a third party.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
I don’t think the actual Mopar extended warranties go up to 160k miles. You sure that’s what you got?
New vehicle versions don't but moparado was buying a post-warranty expiry version. Pricy but available.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
I have a 2019 Trailhawk and purchased the factory 100k warranty. I am now at a little over 99k miles with no issues. Can is still cancel the extended warranty and get a 100% refund (I think I paid between $2-3k for the extended warranty)? How do I go about doing that? I'm willing to collect the refund and use it for any repairs that may come up in the next 700ish miles.
If you read the contract, there is actual language about cancellation and the terms.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
So the question is. Is the coverage only applicable to you as the owner or can a family member inherit the vehicle and the warranty?
I suspect that transfer within a family might be honored, but transferability is in the language of the contract. It's also affected by state law in some cases.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
The ”out” on the contract seems to be that the contract ends when the repair cost exceeds the value of the vehicle.
It's always been that way...even the Lifetime contract that went off the market during the MY18 "WK2" model year used that language to conclude "lifetime", as it were. And it makes sense from a business perspective, too. So if ACV is less than repair cost, they cut you a check for the ACV and bid you a "good day".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts