Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
494 Posts
... or maybe not even getting a warranty until I'm much closer to the end of the 3yr/36,000 mile original factory warranty. Welcome any sage advice from those of you in the know. Thanks a ton in advance!
My advice, if you have the cash to buy it now, buy it now. 3 years from now, best case, it will be the same price, but almost definitely will be more money. Maybe 3 years from now you will have more money to buy it with (raises?)
But there is no downside to buying it early if you end up not needing it. You can cancel any time, and if you cancel while still under Bumper to Bumper (miles AND months) you get a full refund.
But I get it, if buying the Jeep (which ain't cheap) is pushing it money wise already, but you plan/hope to be better off in a couple years, waiting isn't bad.

·
Registered
494 Posts
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use the official Mopar Maximum Care Extended Service Contract. NEVER a third party.
Speaking of, I noticed the MOPAR Max Care is available AS a third party, you can get it for other car makes. I wonder how it fares then? Price goes up, substantially, when I priced it on my Volvo as an example, but with coverage like that, I wonder how well it works out in comparison to other make's warrantees?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a 2019 Trailhawk and purchased the factory 100k warranty. I am now at a little over 99k miles with no issues. Can is still cancel the extended warranty and get a 100% refund (I think I paid between $2-3k for the extended warranty)? How do I go about doing that? I'm willing to collect the refund and use it for any repairs that may come up in the next 700ish miles.
You need to read what I said better.
"You can cancel any time, and if you cancel while still under Bumper to Bumper (miles AND months) you get a full refund. "
But can you still cancel? Probably, and you will probably get back about $30
You bought 64,000 miles of extended warranty and used say 63,300 of them, so 63,300/64,000= .9891 or .0109 left times what you paid, say 2500=$27.25
They DO sell a warranty that if you never file a claim after it ends by Both miles and time you can get a full refund. It costs a bit more, but you have to wait until both miles and years have elapsed, assuming you still have it, and never have filed a warranty claim. I think it is relatively new, not sure if it was around 3-4 years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts