Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 WL74 JGC Trailhawk
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased my 22 JGC Trailhawk on 22 July and added, for peace of mind (I plan to keep this ride until the wheels fall off), the dealer offered 120month (10 year)/100,000 mile warranty called Carefree Car Protection 'Platinum' coverage for $2927 (call it $3K), which is listed as serviced/administered by Fidelity Warranty Services, INC. As this is clearly a 3rd Party warranty, I’m of course concerned. Heck, it's not even entirely clear if it will actually cover the air suspension, though the dealer insists it will be covered (I am he with little trust).

I am now considering canceling this 3rd Party Extended Warranty in favor of the Chrysler Factory Maximum Care Warranty, or maybe not even getting a warranty until I'm much closer to the end of the 3yr/36,000 mile original factory warranty. Welcome any sage advice from those of you in the know. Thanks a ton in advance!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2022 WL74 JGC Trailhawk
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks very much to all of you for all that great info. I went back to the dealership earlier today and cancelled the 3rd part extended warranty. And, based on everything I've learned in this thread, I'll go instead for the Mopar Maxcare option. I'll reach out to both Ziegler as well as dig around in the Jeep Garage forum for the other seller(s) recommended to see which one will offer the best deal.

·
Registered
2022 WL74 JGC Trailhawk
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Op i was in the same boat as you.
The finance guy slipped in a 3rd party ext. warranty.
I assumed it would be a Mopar warranty and didn't pay attention, definitely my bad.
And worse its only good up to 75K miles.

Just recently purchased a Mopar MaxCare warranty good up to 160K miles and now i can sleep well at night.
I know what you mean. I really wish I had asked the question here before I bought the car. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
2022 WL74 JGC Trailhawk
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Be sure to purchase the Maxcare before you hit 12,000miles. Prices change after that I believe. I'll put a plug in for Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep [email protected]...best prics for Mopar Maxcare i found, and easy to work with, i got the 8 year, 100K miles with 200ded.
Thanks much for that! I’ll reach out to Tom to see what he can do, and also confirm that 12K miles price change. Either way, it means I don’t actually have to buy anything for a bit since I’m at 722 miles right now.

You’re experience with the dealer seeking you something that doesn’t even exist is yet another confirmation to me that I will NEVER trust ANY dealers. Like automakers, they are a business designed to make money, not make me happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts