Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

· Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve 4x4 5.7L
320 Posts
So, does ANYBODY, have one that works?
It used to up until a couple weeks ago. There must’ve been a software update that screwed it up.

· Registered
5,408 Posts
-- is probably signifying that is has no input; as a geek that's more what I'd expect than N/A......
By no 'input' do you mean no actual oil pressure?
If that were the case one of two things would happen.
1. The oil light should would come on the instrument panel and a CEL would likely be generated.
2. After a while the engine would cease to exist.

If you meant no sensor input then:
My guess and only a guess with these new WLs is its a software glitch.
Just drove my '18 WK2 today and the oil psi readout is there at its usual 31 psi during normal driving.

· Registered
320 Posts
Of course we all have actual oil pressure….. It just doesn’t display a reading in the accessory gauge display on the center screen. Mine still displays the actual oil pressure on the dash screen.

Reactions: MFJeeper

· Registered
5,408 Posts
Of course we all have actual oil pressure….. It just doesn’t display a reading in the accessory gauge display on the center screen. Mine still displays the actual oil pressure on the dash screen.
Like i said its probably a software glitch likely going to be or is corrected by an update especially if its being experienced by a lot, most or all owners.
My suggestion, take it io the dealership and let them sort it out.

· Registered
320 Posts
I wouldn’t go to the dealership until the vehicle flat out doesn’t run or the wheels fall off. Lol. I’m not wasting my time because a gauge on an accessory app page doesn’t work. Lol

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Maybe Jeep doesn't even know. I doubt many people that have that option, ever go to Off Road Pages, then those that do, how many ever hit the Gauges tab, and of those, how many even notice. THEN you need someone to report it, I know I haven't.

· Registered
1 Posts
Mine is doing the same in 2021 grand Cherokee L. Weird thing is you can reset the software and it is there, but the text is black and you can’t see it. Now I can see all the text after I switched the display to manual, but the oil pressure display is doing the same. Works just fine in the cluster. At this point I’ll take it…. Took me a year for them to update a module to get the app to start the car.

· Registered
992 Posts
They are all glitched out until a update is sent out.
only difference between the working readout in the gauge cluster and the non working readout in the off-road pages is software.

· Registered
3 Posts
Anyone see this? I was checking my charging voltage after starting it for the first time in over a month.
Voltage was 12.5 before starting, dropped to 12.2 while cranking (according to that screen).
Started just fine. Voltage peaked at 14.5 for a good while, then eventually dropped to about 14.2 after an hour. Also about an hour of driving the Start/Stop started working again, which is typical for me since I rarely drive it
But, anyway, NO OIL PRESSURE which is obviously wrong, it wouldn't last 10 minutes I'd bet!
I did check the gauges in the main cluster (screen 2 maybe, then left/right until they showed up) and it was something like 32 PSI at idle, which is perfect to me.
(Bonus points for those bothering to figure out where I was when I took that pic)
View attachment 245692
Anyone see this? I was checking my charging voltage after starting it for the first time in over a month.
Voltage was 12.5 before starting, dropped to 12.2 while cranking (according to that screen).
Started just fine. Voltage peaked at 14.5 for a good while, then eventually dropped to about 14.2 after an hour. Also about an hour of driving the Start/Stop started working again, which is typical for me since I rarely drive it
But, anyway, NO OIL PRESSURE which is obviously wrong, it wouldn't last 10 minutes I'd bet!
I did check the gauges in the main cluster (screen 2 maybe, then left/right until they showed up) and it was something like 32 PSI at idle, which is perfect to me.
(Bonus points for those bothering to figure out where I was when I took that pic)
View attachment 245692
I have a brand new 2023 Grand Cherokee limited and it is also doing this. The dealer could not do anything about it. Drove it off the lot not working correctly. After reading that many people are having this issue, I still took the vehicle. One of the other cars on the lot had the same issue. I hope there is a software update soon to address this problem. Lack of communication by Jeep is annoying.

· Registered
320 Posts
While annoying, this is really the most minor problem reported on this forum I think. I’m glad it didn’t keep you from taking the vehicle. Haha

Reactions: Drusafa

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
While annoying, this is really the most minor problem reported on this forum I think. I’m glad it didn’t keep you from taking the vehicle. Haha
Agreed, I still think it NEVER worked, but just a guess. I know several people have said theirs are no longer working now as well, but honestly, how many people looked at this and compared it to the dash numbers while the engine was running anyway?
And it is just a secondary gauge location anyway, it still works in the dash cluster, with the same other gauges.

· Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 245692
My 22 GC Trailhawk has same issue.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts