Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

· Registered
WL74 Grand Cherokee 2022 Summit Reserve V8 5.7L Hemi
26 Posts
Agreed, I still think it NEVER worked, but just a guess. I know several people have said theirs are no longer working now as well, but honestly, how many people looked at this and compared it to the dash numbers while the engine was running anyway?
And it is just a secondary gauge location anyway, it still works in the dash cluster, with the same other gauges.
Mine WAS definitely working for the first 300 Miles or so.....Then it stopped as I noted back on 11/13/2022

· Registered
WL74 Grand Cherokee 2022 Summit Reserve V8 5.7L Hemi
26 Posts
NICE!
Hey, maybe I need to change to the white theme for it to work again ;)

Screen seems to Automatically Change to Dark when pulling into the Garage :rolleyes: Quite Frankly I am afraid to play with many of the settings simply "awaiting" potential electrical chaos - Had it out last night and the screen flickered a few times - Other than that uneventful 🙏 Still Under 600 Miles and have SADLY have ZERO CONFIDENCE in this vehicle with all of the electronics in this SR

· Registered
3 Posts
A little update. I did take my 23 Jeep Grand Cherokee to the dealer and they did a full diagnostic for uconnect. The diagnostic came back good of course and it was just the software for uconnect. They are saying that there was an updated slated for December, but to fix the bugs it it's most likely delayed. It should roll out soon and remedy this problem. Patience is all they told me will fix it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone...I'm new here. I have a 22 - GC Trailhawk that just did the same thing. I was at the dealer and asked about it. They never heard of the glitch, but one of the technicians researched it and did a factory reset of the radio. Problem solved. I just needed to reconnect my phone and all is good again. We'll see how long this lasts. Hope this helps😊

· Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve 4x4 5.7L
320 Posts
I bet the factory reset just returned the software to a previous version. So now you just have the older software that seems to be a lot worse for connectivity, but doesn’t have the oil pressure display glitch.

I’ll take the better working software with the oil pressure display glitch any day.

· Registered
992 Posts
I bet the factory reset just returned the software to a previous version. So now you just have the older software that seems to be a lot worse for connectivity, but doesn’t have the oil pressure display glitch.

I’ll take the better working software with the oil pressure display glitch any day.
I would like to hear more about this “factory reset” this is the first report of somebody getting the oil pressure gauge working again.
I know the system reset button in the Uconnect screen did not fix my gauge or remove software updates… it dose however wipe all saved settings, so I assumed that’s what they did for her.
I’m curious if the dealership did something else with their fancy computer?

then again I haven’t tried the system reset button since this last update

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi everyone...I'm new here. I have a 22 - GC Trailhawk that just did the same thing. I was at the dealer and asked about it. They never heard of the glitch, but one of the technicians researched it and did a factory reset of the radio. Problem solved. I just needed to reconnect my phone and all is good again. We'll see how long this lasts. Hope this helps😊
I wonder if we can check software version on the unit and compare.
There is (I assume) a reset option in there, maybe I'll try that for kicks. Like what you use when you sell/trade it.

· Registered
992 Posts
I wonder if we can check software version on the unit and compare.
There is (I assume) a reset option in there, maybe I'll try that for kicks. Like what you use when you sell/trade it.
Yea it’s in settings, near the bottom, it will show software version and below that is system reset.
im away at work for the holidays (unfortunately). Let me know if it works!

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the input. I tried it factory reset and it did work. However, on the very next startup it stopped working. Bummer, I will have to wait for the update. Thanks again!

· Registered
497 Posts

There is no way to revert software to a previous version.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts