Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
For kicks I took a look at my version and the licensing tab.
Violet Building Font Art Electric blue

And got this nice generic Android permission prompt opening the licensing file
Thought that was kind of entertaining.
Rectangle Font Event Pattern Brand

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2023 WL Limited. Only oil pressure gauge not registering on the Off Road page. Cluster displays oil pressure correctly. When I picked up the SUV Dec 5, it was showing all gauges in Off Road page, but now it is not. Likely, as others pointed out, software update.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've had the same issue, ORP digital gauge was working when I first purchased my GC L but sometime over the last several months it stopped. Recently I elected to contact Jeep Connect services and was told my vehicle needed two module updates that can only be done at the dealership. I then made an appointment and did the two updates under TSB 08-183-22. The Jeep dealership also did an electronic steering update as well (not really sure what that was for). I was optimistic when I arrived to pick up my vehicle but after opening the ORP app the accessory gauge oil pressure was still not working. I told the service guy and drove back home. I then contacted Jeep Connect and was told to do a factory reset which erases all the preferences one spends days putting in. Once the system booted back up I went to the ORP and found the oil pressure gauge to be working. The color of the gauges were different but all worked as intended. I later tried to put my preferences back into the system and at some point elected to recheck the ORP accessory gauges and I notice the original color was back but the oil pressure gauge was once again not working. What a pain....as this seems like it would be a simple fix via a software update to my '21 GC L. Perhaps if more people contact Jeep Connect maybe this issue will get resolved sooner than later.

· Registered
992 Posts
I think this issue is so far down the priority list for Jeep
(seeing as the oil pressure display works on the drivers display)
It will eventually get sorted. But for now they are more concerned with improving reliable connectivity and flickering/self resetting screens and forgotten profile settings.
It’s a quirky glitch that is more of “huh, that’s weird” than anything else.

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I think this issue is so far down the priority list for Jeep
I don't think it is even on the list.
And taking time from other issues is lame. I work IT, you put 1 guy on it, and say "get it done". And if they can't then find out why.

My guess is more of an actual design flaw, where something else they don't want to change is actively breaking it.
OR, one of those software nightmares, like where the person that designed it, no longer works there, and nobody documented it correctly. I wonder what company did the Jeep specific software on top of Google's AAOS?
And does RAM have a similar screen where you can view oil pressure on the uConnect screen? (and does it work)

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Yep @JeepCares Please read this thread and pass it on.

:sick: <- me holding my breath
Hello Pioneer4x4,

Thank you for tagging us in the thread! We appreciate the feedback and will certainly pass your comments for further review with the brand.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2 Posts
It’s working again. From tonight (I happened to have the off road page open to see the engine temp while checking for when the auto stop/start no longer says engine too cold).
Great find and news Matt. I immediately checked my ORP and mine is working once again as well. The last conversation I had with Jeep Connect is that they are aware of the issue and will work on a OTA fix or update. It’s so nice to see Jeep Connect followed through with their promise of a fix.
Thank You

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Software version? I'll check mine tomorrow.

· Registered
497 Posts
Software version? I'll check mine tomorrow.
Mine is also working. SW version didn't change. Apparently, they can push through minor updates without changing the overall version.

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Mine is also working. SW version didn't change. Apparently, they can push through minor updates without changing the overall version.
Before I left, I verified I was connected to my home WiFi and checked version and made sure the check box for updates was checked.
My build number was, and still is
Purple Sky Violet Font Magenta

(Yep, FCA, not Stellantis ;-) )
Then I went out last night on a Walmart run, and checked again, still no oil pressure. I had the Accessory Gauges displayed in the dash, and the uConnect screen as I drove. Then a couple minutes later I noticed the screen flash/flicker/reset and it went back to the home screen with my 3 widgets, and they all loaded in quickly. So I went back to Off Road Pages, and then the Accessory Gauges, and BOOM, there it was, working.
This picture was on the return trip home, I couldn't snap a pic while driving.
Audio equipment Font Gauge Electronic device Auto part

And I still never got any notification of an update, or noticed any version change.
Now we start the countdown and see if/how long it lasts.

Reactions: jeepgrady

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Add me to the list of people with a non-functioning oil pressure display. 2021 GC - L
Hi edfiero,

We'll certainly add your feedback for review!

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Hi edfiero,

We'll certainly add your feedback for review!

Steph
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares
Can you find out if ours that just suddenly started working is due to something initiated by Jeep. Was there an unannounced over the air update?
And how do you check if updates like that are applied?

· Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve 4x4 5.7L
320 Posts
Add me to the list of those that it just started working again about a week ago-ish.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
@JeepCares
Can you find out if ours that just suddenly started working is due to something initiated by Jeep. Was there an unannounced over the air update?
And how do you check if updates like that are applied?
Sure thing, Pioneer4x4! I'll return with more information soon.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
WL74 Grand Cherokee 2022 Summit Reserve V8 5.7L Hemi
26 Posts
Sure thing, Pioneer4x4! I'll return with more information soon.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Would like to know the same information as my 2022 WL74 Summit Reserve previously had the same problem with the Oil Pressure Gauge not displaying in the Off Road Pages and just started working upon start up of the vehicle this morning. Please and Thank You

61 - 80 of 84 Posts