Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When these pics came out about a year ago...everyone assumed the render next to the current WK2 was believed to be the WS grand/wagoneer. Turns out it's not....it's a render of the WL. I also have some pending info on engine configurations for the WL. More on that later.... Screenshot_20180406-220202.jpg Screenshot_20180406-220104.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
WL looks so much bigger (wider) than WK2. I thought next gen grand Cherokee was supposed to share stelvio platform so one would assume it would be same size as current gen WK2

Reactions: Patrick-A51

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WL looks so much bigger (wider) than WK2. I thought next gen grand Cherokee was supposed to share stelvio platform so one would assume it would be same size as current gen WK2
That's just the photo/render

Reactions: Patrick-A51

·
Premium Member
Dah! My Jeeps
825 Posts
Yikes
I hope that side pic is not really the WL. It has no character.

Reactions: scostuart

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
good god, those lights. please no.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I am guessing that is just someone's attempt at rendering based on the front and rear images from a year ago (that Scott posted below). My guess is those original front and rears have probably changed considerably in the past year+ (heck even the front of the WK2 has changed since what is shown in the image).

Regardless, I really hope whatever it is doesn't have that awful D pillar kink and slope-to-the-rear roof.

Scott, do you have any idea when we will start seeing (even camouflaged) test vehicles of this on the road?

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sketch IMG_20180416_174353_493.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The grand commander is built on the KL cherokee platform. The WL will be an evolution of the wk2...but on a newer, lighter more advanced platform. Not much will change besides front and rear bumpers, headlights, tails and engines....

Reactions: Briant73
1 - 20 of 25 Posts