Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hoping someone else has taken delivery of a '23 GCL Summit High Altitude. My wife picked hers up on Thursday and we noticed some discrepancies from what the package says it includes & what we received.
High Altitude Package:
21-Inch x9.0-Inch Black Painted Aluminum Wheels
• 275/45R21XI All-Season Tires
• Painted Door Cladding
• Gloss-Black Exterior Accents
• Neutral Gray Exterior Accents
• Gloss-Black Roof Rails
When my wife picked it up the first thing she noticed was that the wheels are more of a metallic granite crystal color and not black. The wheels match the grey front grille inserts (which we also expected to be black). We then noticed the vehicle was equipped with silver roof rails and not gloss black as stated.
Our dealer also stated "those wheels look grey" and has contacted their regional rep regarding these issues.

Wondering if anyone else has taken delivery and what your vehicles look like? For $1,900 we want the black wheels and black roof rails, etc. Fwiw the window sticker says it's equipped with black wheels, but they look almost the same as the granite crystal wheels on her '20 GC Overland.

* Rep says these are indeed the "black" wheels. Interesting shade of black I guess considering the High Altitude pkg on the Limited comes with obviously black wheels. Still no answer on the roof rails that are suppose to be gloss black however.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

· Registered
355 Posts
My Summit Reserve with High Altitude package just got scheduled but every build on jeep.com shows the dark granite wheels and grille rings - which aren't bad, but they all have the silver roof rails which kind of look out of place when all other trim is black. The exhaust tips, to me, should be black also. I have already purchased black grille rings - pretty inexpensive - to swap out. Be interesting to see when mine gets delivered. Have to work out a discount with dealer to paint the rims and roof rails.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Summit Reserve with High Altitude package just got scheduled but every build on jeep.com shows the dark granite wheels and grille rings - which aren't bad, but they all have the silver roof rails which kind of look out of place when all other trim is black. The exhaust tips, to me, should be black also. I have already purchased black grille rings - pretty inexpensive - to swap out. Be interesting to see when mine gets delivered. Have to work out a discount with dealer to paint the rims and roof rails.
It is interesting as the window sticker says black wheels and the package description even in the dealer's order system says gloss black roof rails. We don't mind the wheels, but they weren't what we expected with a "black appearance pkg" that specifically says black wheels.

· Registered
355 Posts
Well I asked Koons - my dealer - to at least paint the wheels and roof rails at their body shop or a discount so I can have them painted. They stated that I should call their parts department even thou the vehicle package states black wheels and roof rails.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You shouldn't have to paint the roof rails as different trim levels have black rails. They should just swap them out for you - which is what we're going to ask (nicely) from our dealer or Jeep.
Also really go over your vehicle when it gets delivered. Ours came with shipping damage - scratches on the doors and one of the wheels is scratched very noticeably so we'll be asking for a new wheel.

· Registered
355 Posts
I have seen on justforjeeps.com a listing for black roof rails but it also states that: The pair of Black Side Rails will be just the Black, metal portion of the roof side rails. You will need to reuse the Black plastic trim/cover from your existing roof side rails. Are the silver rails on yours plastic?

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen on justforjeeps.com a listing for black roof rails but it also states that: The pair of Black Side Rails will be just the Black, metal portion of the roof side rails. You will need to reuse the Black plastic trim/cover from your existing roof side rails. Are the silver rails on yours plastic?
I haven't seen them in-person as I've been out of town. Our '20 GC Overland High Altitude had black roof rails, but those appear lower-profile than the ones in the GCL Summit. I'll have to check after we get the vehicle back from Xpel this week.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same here — Summit Reserve with High Altitude Package, but silver roof rails. What did your dealer end up saying? Figure the only way to fix is to have the rails swapped out?
They said they're still waiting to hear from their area manager who was contacting Jeep HQ.

If the package online says it comes with something different, i'd get it changed. Curious, what do your build sheets say?
Just pulled up our build sheet and it says under standard equipment: Fine Silver/Gloss Black Roof Rails, but says under optional equipment: High Altitude Package...Gloss Black Roof Rails. So that tells me it should have them.

Here's a screenshot from Jeep.com. This has been the same description since March when the package was announced.
Also when you select the High Altitude pkg it clearly shows black roof rails and an all black grille - not silver rails, nor a black and grey grille.

Attachments

· Registered
481 Posts
Damn that looks good. The blacked out high altitude looks so much better than the lower trim blackouts. The real world photos of the red High Altitude Jabcat posted was the first blacked out WL that I thought looked good. And this one looks great.

· Administrator
11,806 Posts
I wonder why they're being delivered with the silver roof rails?
It's either a factory screw-up or a supply chain issue.

· Registered
481 Posts
Poverty build w/GLOSS BLACK rails, grille & wheels:ROFLMAO: View attachment 245160
Yeah. Personally not a fan of the blackout on the altitude and limited. And I liked the blackout on the WK2. I thought it was the lines of the WL, but it can look good on the SR I’ve now seen. But that’s just my subjective opinion. More factual, you need a different picture to post. That might be the single most posted picture on this forum. You can now just reference it without actually posting it.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll be replacing the grey grille trim rings with the black. Looks like they're $14 at the dealer. The summit badge on the rear is black with a grey background but that's the only grey on the vehicle. So no need for the grey grille rings.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's either a factory screw-up or a supply chain issue.
If it were supply chain, then they shouldn't be listed on my build sheet - one would think. Although my new BMW lists power side bolsters on the driver's seat as standard equipment and on my build sheet but they're not there.

· Administrator
11,806 Posts
Seems to me that the literature specifically says they should be black, so I’d seriously hope they make this right for him.
I absolutely agree.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts