Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 10 days in with 2022 WL. Traded 2014 WK with 160K (great shape nearly no issues).

• Door rattle any bump.
  • Wireless Android Auto connection issues (seems like this has been around forever).
  • USB music shuffle. Same USB drive from 2014, but now can't shuffle.
  • Display lighting is idiotic. Too bright on auto and manual is well, manual
  • Fan speed on low is way too high.

I realize some of these are minimal inconveniences, but why break what worked great?

I'm sure there will be more.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
742 Posts
Well, 10 days in with 2022 WL. Traded 2014 WK with 160K (great shape nearly no issues).

• Door rattle any bump.
  • Wireless Android Auto connection issues (seems like this has been around forever).

I realize some of these are minimal inconveniences, but why break what worked great?

That’s why you never, ever buy a first year model release. Mac

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
683 Posts
Also for fan speed, is the air too fast, or is it too noisy? Check the rear HVAC, if it is on, that can be quite loud. Also the seat ventilation can be heard and sound like HVAC fan.
I haven't noticed any of the other issues, and I use wireless Android Auto every time I drive. I think I have used my music USB thumb drive, but not recently enough to comment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any of your vents closed? What positions do you have the vents set at?
Hi - thanks for the response. Vents all open set forward and feet. Setting to feet only is better, but personal preference is both. I'm traveling, but will check the sync settings when I get home.
Thanks again!
Also for fan speed, is the air too fast, or is it too noisy? Check the rear HVAC, if it is on, that can be quite loud. Also the seat ventilation can be heard and sound like HVAC fan.
I haven't noticed any of the other issues, and I use wireless Android Auto every time I drive. I think I have used my music USB thumb drive, but not recently enough to comment.
Thanks for checking. Wireless Android Auto is daily annoyance - I'm plugging in for now. Fan noise is fine, just the speed blowing/air flow at the driver passenger even when split with feet.
Here's to hoping Jeep is paying attention improving software with maturity!

·
Registered
683 Posts

• Door rattle any bump.

Ignore the glare, and don't copy my fingerprints from the photo, but just tap here for shuffle
Font Audio equipment Gadget Technology Musical instrument accessory

You have to have the Media app full screen, not in a mini window like this
Gadget Font World Aircraft Air travel

·
Registered
75 Posts
So far the only weirdnesses are:

1: the passenger folding mirror only folds sometimes on the first remote lock press. A second press or press unlock and lock again and it will fold.
2: the main screen never boots up at the last screen it was - like the split screen, or nav, or whatever. It always starts at the app home screen.

Other than those all good.

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Administrator
11,783 Posts
The 2022 is the second year. First year was 2021.
Only the three row WL-75 had a MY21 designation initially. The 2-row MY22 is the first model year. Of course, experience with the 3-row coming out sooner "should" benefit the 2-row

Reactions: Jake22

·
Registered
22 WL74 Overland
115 Posts
Wireless Android auto on mine only works for 30 min or so then needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work again. Dealer says they ordered new radio to fix. Its been 3 months and no radio.
horn honks 3 times if you have it running and open passenger doors. I removed the horn fuse. Jeep needs to reprogram and fix that. There is no reason for it.
Way over priced like everything made in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My Wireless Carplay has worked flawlessly so far. I did connect the phone via USB cable for the first time and accepted all the permissions, and drove it home from the dealer like that. Since then I have used nothing but wireless carplay with no issues.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've got a list five pages long. Electrical, assembly, computer, stereo, phone connection, auto high beams, lift gate, air suspension, HVAC, rattles. Total #$(*&ing garbage electrically. A friend of mine lead teams for one of the system developers and said FCA had the worst teams of developers in the industry. They don't know their jobs, and try to assemble all these components as if they were Legos, without actually sorting out the attendant compatibility issues because they just don't have good enough people to do it. He and his wife were visiting a while back and I showed him all the litany of problems (mostly electrical) on my loaded Overland, which begat his comment. He retired recently, but has worked on the Apple car, Google car, as well as major safety/tech systems for most major manufacturers (including managing self-driving and night vision teams).

Hopefully Jeep figures it out. They sure as hell didn't in 2021...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts