Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 23 GCL SR v6. When you have the wheel straight the car pulls to the right. It’s at the dealer right now and they told me they did an alignment and rotated the tires and it still pulls to the right. They don’t have any fix for it.

they also told me the humming/vibration at 55-60mph they don’t have a fix for that either or the infotainment system turn off randomly they don’t have a fix for that.
So what are my options? Clearly there is something wrong and they just tell you sorry nothing we can do. It’s not normal for a car to go right when the wheel is straight.

· Registered
5,393 Posts
First of all get all these 'can't fixes' in writing and keep good records of everything done, said, names and service work orders.
How many miles on the clock?

As i see it the options are:
-Try a different Jeep dealership
-Contact JeepCares
-Escalate the issues to the next level..... arbitration, etc.
-Demand a buy back or another comparable Jeep
-Last resort if all else fails, contact an attorney

Good Luck

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all get all these 'can't fixes' in writing and keep good records of everything done, said, names and service work orders.
How many miles on the clock?

As i see it the options are:
-Try a different Jeep dealership
-Contact JeepCares
-Escalate the issues to the next level..... arbitration, etc.
-Demand a buy back or another comparable Jeep
-Last resort if all else fails, contact an attorney

Good Luck
What exactly can I get from them in regards to documentation? I definitely want a record of all of this. Not sure what I can get from them or what I can request them give me.

· Registered
5,393 Posts
What exactly can I get from them in regards to documentation? I definitely want a record of all of this. Not sure what I can get from them or what I can request them give me.
Do you mean to say that they didn't give you any resultant service documentation?

Demand everything is documented by the dealership.
Sometimes just got to be pro active.
If they're still filibustering, demand to speak to the general manager or better yet the dealership owner.
You'd be surprised how fast a GM can light a fire under service writer's asses.

Normally when a vehicle is brought in for service they write up a work order for the techs.
If a tech spent time diagnosing, somewhere there's documentation either hard copy or digital.

This dealership sounds like one i would never take my Jeeps in for an oil change let alone for service.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you mean to say that they didn't give you any resultant service documentation?

Demand everything is documented by the dealership.
Sometimes just got to be pro active.
If they're still filibustering, demand to speak to the general manager or better yet the dealership owner.
You'd be surprised how fast a GM can light a fire under service writer's asses.

Normally when a vehicle is brought in for service they write up a work order for the techs.
If a tech spent time diagnosing, somewhere there's documentation either hard copy or digital.

This dealership sounds like one i would never take my Jeeps in for an oil change let alone for service.
It’s still at the dealer. I called them to get and update and that’s how I found out they said they can’t fix the pulling to the right issue. They said they are still waiting to hear back from Jeep about the other issues I guess. She said I have had their rental for awhile now and she will call me at 2 today and let me know what’s going on but more than likely I will have to come pick up my car. I called Jeep cares and opened a case. They told me not to pick my car up if they tell me too. Not sure how that’s going to go over when I tell them no. We will see what they say when they call me back later today.

· Registered
5,393 Posts
It’s still at the dealer. I called them to get and update and that’s how I found out they said they can’t fix the pulling to the right issue. They said they are still waiting to hear back from Jeep about the other issues I guess. She said I have had their rental for awhile now and she will call me at 2 today and let me know what’s going on but more than likely I will have to come pick up my car. I called Jeep cards and opened a case. They told me not to pick my car up if they tell me too. Not sure how that’s going to go over when I tell them no. We will see what they say when they call me back later today.
Jeep cards? I think you meant JeepCares?
So JeepCares told you not to pickup the Jeep, interesting!

Depending on what happens later today you really need to have a chat with the General Manager.
It would really help a lot if you bought the Jeep at this dealership.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeep cards? I think you meant JeepCares?
So JeepCares told you not to pickup the Jeep, interesting!

Depending on what happens later today you really need to have a chat with the General Manager.
It would really help a lot if you bought the Jeep at this dealership.
Ah yes I corrected it. Jeep cares.
They said for them to help it’s going to have to be at a dealer so just keep it there.

i didn’t buy it from them bc they don’t give deals. I bought it from Koons.

· Registered
'14 Overland '22 Summit
176 Posts
I've ended up taking a couple new vehicles to a reputable third party to get an acceptable alignment or wheel balancing. Shouldn't have to, but worth a hundred bucks or so to solve the problem. Dealers usually suck.

· Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
404 Posts
Many dealers I've gone to don't have the ability to do an alignment, they actually sub it out to a local alignment shop. Have to wonder if the OP's vehicle actually got aligned, or if the dealer just doesn't want to be bothered......

· Registered
5,393 Posts
Many dealers I've gone to don't have the ability to do an alignment, they actually sub it out to a local alignment shop. Have to wonder if the OP's vehicle actually got aligned, or if the dealer just doesn't want to be bothered......
If thats the case then the dealership should of farmed it out to an alignment shop.
Man if this were my deal i'd eventually raise one hell of a ruckus and let the cards fall where they may.

Its too bad the Jeep wasn't bought at that dealership but it is what it is.

· Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
404 Posts
Shouldn't matter where the vehicle was bought, but I know it does. That's what is too bad. Bottom line, the fact that the dealer can't (or isn't willing) to fix this isn't right.

· Registered
22 GC Overland (2 row)
157 Posts
I have a 23 GCL SR v6. When you have the wheel straight the car pulls to the right. It’s at the dealer right now and they told me they did an alignment and rotated the tires and it still pulls to the right. They don’t have any fix for it.

they also told me the humming/vibration at 55-60mph they don’t have a fix for that either or the infotainment system turn off randomly they don’t have a fix for that.
So what are my options? Clearly there is something wrong and they just tell you sorry nothing we can do. It’s not normal for a car to go right when the wheel is straight.
Is it just the screen turning off? I have that issue and was told that upcoming OTA update will resolve it (I have doubts about it considering nothing about flickering or screen turning off was mentioned in the change log)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts