Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Administrator
11,955 Posts
That looks like a nice solution, honestly. Good position and at least from the photos, nicely integrated. I also prefer to have a mount because it makes sure the device is fully contained during stops and turns (including sudden ones) and allows easy use of things that are not available on CarPlay/AndroidAuto while the vehicle is not moving.

Reactions: tomk

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
917 Posts
Any members here find a good solution for a cell phone mount the new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Was looking at this option Direct Fit Phone Mount: Jeep Grand Cherokee L (2021+)
What app/s do you need open while driving? The problem with those mounts is the magnet mount only works with certain phones or cover options, also, you need to power the phone. A nice concealed wiring inductive charging magnet mount would be great. I've seen some magnet mounts that are fairly solid, others, not so much.

· Registered
3 Posts
Have this one in my wife's rig, I swapped the mount to a mag charger for iPhone, its a good setup BUT is a bit in the way of the passenger's left knee (mine), and I feel like the mount has become flimsy over time... might need to check that it's still tight behind the trim piece.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
I stuck an adjustable magnetic mount on the Overland's plastic wood trim just to the right of the screen. It worked great for the purpose for me. No controls blocked, and not in the passenger's way either.

· Premium Member
1,672 Posts
That looks like a nice solution, honestly. Good position and at least from the photos, nicely integrated. I also prefer to have a mount because it makes sure the device is fully contained during stops and turns (including sudden ones) and allows easy use of things that are not available on CarPlay/AndroidAuto while the vehicle is not moving.
Yesterday I finally turned off Android Auto on my '23. Got tired of its annoying 'features'
So I'm looking for a mount...

· Administrator
11,955 Posts
Yesterday I finally turned off Android Auto on my '23. Got tired of its annoying 'features'
So I'm looking for a mount...
If you plug it in, you'll still have AA. :) But you can also come over to the "light" side with those of us who use Apple products. LOL. Seriously, I use CP (equivalent of AA obviously) but still prefer a mount because there are just some times when (stopped) that I need or want to access the screen for something and because it keeps the device contained should a sudden stop happen, rather than it going flying from a cubby or something. Subjective for sure...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts