Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to change the layout of my wife's 21 GC L. Using her profile, her display shows two widgets side by side, 50/50. The attached picture shows this. When my profile is active, the layout shows 3 widgets, 1 on left at 50% screen size, and then 2 on the right, stacked one over the other, each 25% screen size. Where her shows the SirusXM widget, my profile shows 2 smaller widgets, one above the other.

We haven't figured out how this happened, or how to add or remove widgets to the layout. We want to remove one of my widgets to make it 2 side by side, 50/50 size.

Thanks!
Robert

Audio equipment Gadget Vehicle audio Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can assure you that I am the type of person to RTFM the first day I get a new vehicle, and have consulted it multiple times since then. I already know how to add and delete pages. I know how to change the widgets from media to phone to massage settings, etc. What I have not found in the manual is how to change the layout from displaying two widgets to displaying three widgets, and more importantly, how to remove a widget from the layout.

The picture in the original post is my wife's profile, showing a 2 widget layout. Somehow, my profile has a 3 widget layout. I want to remove the 3rd widget/frame from the layout, and just have a side by side 2 widget layout.
Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Font Display device

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
494 Posts
I can assure you that I am the type of person to RTFM the first day I get a new vehicle, and have consulted it multiple times since then. I already know how to add and delete pages. I know how to change the widgets from media to phone to massage settings, etc. What I have not found in the manual is how to change the layout from displaying two widgets to displaying three widgets, and more importantly, how to remove a widget from the layout.

The picture in the original post is my wife's profile, showing a 2 widget layout. Somehow, my profile has a 3 widget layout. I want to remove the 3rd widget/frame from the layout, and just have a side by side 2 widget layout.
View attachment 244044
What ( I think ) you need to do is, first create a new page the way you want it, then remove the one with 3.
Product Font Audio equipment Material property Screenshot

Again, I think that once you create widgets, that page is "locked" in that arrangement. I'll go out and play at lunch and see in mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What ( I think ) you need to do is, first create a new page the way you want it, then remove the one with 3.
View attachment 244051
Again, I think that once you create widgets, that page is "locked" in that arrangement. I'll go out and play at lunch and see in mine.
That's an idea. I'll try that. My wife just left with the Jeep for 2 day trip. I'll try it when she gets home.

Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
That's an idea. I'll try that. My wife just left with the Jeep for 2 day trip. I'll try it when she gets home.

Thanks!
Went out and picked up my grandson, then stopped and grabbed some Sheetz Dogz, and putzed around.
Yep, Hit the Home button, then the "My Pages" and Add a Page, then choose the layout 2,3,4 widgets. Then you can re-order them, or delete the original one. I snapped some pics, maybe I'll upload them, but it is fairly straight forward.

Excuse my goofy reflection, this was in my garage, and still had too much glare, but here are the 4 choices
Rectangle Line Font Slope Parallel

Personally, I have Layout 1 with Nav on the left, radio top right, and Off Road Pages bottom right. Then I just hit "Home" then maximize one of those 3 to get to anything from all radio, to full screen map (but I really only use Google Maps via AA) and Off Road Pages for quick way to aux gauges and playing around with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went out and picked up my grandson, then stopped and grabbed some Sheetz Dogz, and putzed around.
Yep, Hit the Home button, then the "My Pages" and Add a Page, then choose the layout 2,3,4 widgets. Then you can re-order them, or delete the original one. I snapped some pics, maybe I'll upload them, but it is fairly straight forward.
Thanks so much for the solution. I don't even know how I got the 3 widget layout, but I must have somehow done it through the add/delete pages without realizing it. At least now I know how to change the layout.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks so much for the solution. I don't even know how I got the 3 widget layout, but I must have somehow done it through the add/delete pages without realizing it. At least now I know how to change the layout.
No problem. I don't recall either if it was the default, or if I chose it.
Here is how I currently have it setup, also at the top I have shortcuts to 360 cam, then Fam Cam, temp,Profiles.
And yes, WDVE Rocks!
Font Screenshot Display device Electronic device Multimedia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts