Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

Finding my Jeep with QL is lowering about one inch overnight maybe more on the front axle, if I turn it on it will return back to normal height, is this normal?

Easy entry/exit is not active…

Thanks!
JC

· Registered
270 Posts
Hello Guys,

Finding my Jeep with QL is lowering about one inch overnight maybe more on the front axle, if I turn it on it will return back to normal height, is this normal?

Easy entry/exit is not active…

Thanks!
JC
Mine clicks and makes various noises when walking around it or approaching it that I notice regularly. I found it strange at first now I just wonder why it happens. Vehicle can do this when not started, possibly when no key present but not completely certain on that. Air suspension experts, is this normal behavior?

· Registered
1,077 Posts
It shouldn't. Mine did various weird things from time to time, but no leaks were ever found, which basically leaves electrical issues (of which I had an unending supply). Some people never have an issue, but more people have issues than with coil springs, for sure. I'd say this is relatively true across all brands, though.

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
It is air (well Nitrogen), if it is significantly cooler than when shut off, it will contract and lower a smidge, then when started it will auto re-level. You don't want it auto correcting when not in use, that is a waste.

· Registered
'22 JGC 4xe & '14 JGC LTD; '09 Subaru Forester; RIP '05 Subaru Legacy STI EVO
2,392 Posts
The WK2 with Quadralift adjust itself overnight all the time. It is normal. The car will "balance" itself better. If you find your air suspension wobbly and one corner much lowered you may have a leak but small "posture" changes are normal. I have not noticed my Trailhawk WL to drop but it surely makes lots of noises.

https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/servicemanuals/jeep/2022-grandcherokee.pdf

Font Material property Screenshot Publication Newspaper

· Registered
2014 GC Summit 3.0L Ecodiesel
22 Posts
My 2014 GC will lower into what seems to be a ‘park’ position after it’s been off a while. Don’t remember if it was 5 min or 20 minutes. Only reason it was noticed was because I was nearby and heard it then saw it drop just a bit. No leaks, no problems.

· Registered
918 Posts
Brand new 23 Overland WL with 40 miles over it. Let it sit over night (over 16 hours) and when I started it I could hear the compressor kicking it and raising the height back up.
Will need to record this tomorrow when I go out.
Did you get in first, then start it?

· Registered
918 Posts
Yes I did. I don't have Easy exit/entry enabled.
Possibly you get out, it levels with nobody in it, then goes to sleep. Then you get in, and your weight drops it a bit (mine definitely does, I'm close to 250#) and when you start it, it re-levels (is that a word?) just like it does when you put anything it in elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts