Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NH requires front plates. Any consensus location to mount a plate on an Overland?

Thinking the top of the plate attached in the center-center of the crosspiece between the tow hooks. Bottom of the plate landing just above the chrome strip. Any sensors in this vicinity to worry about?
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
366 Posts
NH requires front plates. Any consensus location to mount a plate on an Overland?

Thinking the top of the plate attached in the center-center of the crosspiece between the tow hooks. Bottom of the plate landing just above the chrome strip. Any sensors in this vicinity to worry about?
View attachment 242303
Wow, there’s no plate mount on the front? We have to have two in MA and I’m ordering mine this week.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just saw this at some dealer's website. Pretty close to what I had in mind.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Overland
36 Posts
There are 2 small divits showing where to drill that mount like the picture that you attached. I live in MD and my local dealer won't install the front plate (required) until the plates arrive from the motor vehicle administration (MVA). Our Mustang GT never had the front plate installed. I'm on the fence about the GC as I am still on temps/paper plates.

Reactions: markp99

·
Registered
'23 GC WL74 Limited (Jim)
170 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noticed the dimples on the Overland's lower facia. Picked-up the Jeep tonite; front plate bracket already installed by the dealer.

I might have gotten a bit queasy drilling the holes myself... ;)

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Overland
36 Posts
Noticed the dimples on the Overland's lower facia. Picked-up the Jeep tonite; front plate bracket already installed by the dealer.

I might have gotten a bit queasy drilling the holes myself... ;)
I picked up my plates last night. No more paper tags, yay! Decided to leave the front plate off and not drill until I am told to. Dealer had left the bracket in the back of the Jeep and wanted to put my plates on. No need, easy job and I ensured my front stays clean. Bought my wife a new Cherokee same weekend and her plates came in first. She went and they installed the front bracket (that had been in the back as well) and plate on it.

Reactions: markp99
1 - 7 of 7 Posts