Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the post. I wish I had the same success as you.

I’ve definitely been using the soft reset function, but unfortunately for me I use it to get out of the constant spinning-to-connect process where it gets stuck and doesn’t connect or will not stop trying.
If often happens when I’m trying to switch from Phone 1 to Phone 2, it gets stuck trying to connect to the phone I’m switching to and then need to Initiate the soft reset to get out of the stuck cycle.

The soft reset seems to help with the immediate situation, but does not appear to be a long-term solution,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have the "both phones connected" button checked? It may say something slightly different than that on the screen, but I think it's on the devices tab, bottom right of the screen. I unchecked that, which also seems to have helped the issue at the same time. Lastly, do you have your Jeep connected to your home wifi so it can receive updates over the air? I set it up to connect to wifi, and then checked for software updates. It didn't indicate there was a software update but I have left that enabled. Jeep may have pushed a fix since I see a lot of comments that this is an issue.
I’ve tried it with and without. With it unchecked there have been fewer issues, but still far from perfect.
I do have my car connected to home Wi-Fi. I continue to check the software version, which has not changed. Oddly enough, originally I had a “Market” app within the All Apps screen, which later disappeared, indicating some sort of update went through despite the software version not changing. Perhaps Jeep is able to roll out updates to certain components of the platform without it being considered a fully update/version change.

Honestly, although the connection issues are a pain, they’re nothing compared to the constant reboots I’m dealing with now. The connection issues can be navigated with enough tinkering and resets, but the system reboots are a PITA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts