Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok folks, this is great info but has anyone stopped and asked, "Why are we having issues with CarPlay on a $65,000 Jeep?" I bought the Summit Reserve because it was by far and away the nicest Jeep I've ever seen... but the tech problems with CarPlay, blanking screens, random resets, navigation issues, etc are inexcusable when you invest in a vehicle in this price range. UConnect 5 was/is not ready to go up against the Lexus, Audi, & BMW/Merc infotainment systems. It's incredibly frustrating and will definitely affect repeat buyers of this vehicle. I know I'll think twice next time unless Jeep fixes this and fixes it soon. Not to mention, seat memory sometimes doesn't work, exit position settings don't always work, and not to pile on, but the exhaust note on my V6 sounds like a penny rattling around a tin can at idle. These little things... all erode the look of the vehicle and the comfort of it's ride/seats. Also, the A/C vents on the dash are WAY TOO SMALL and for the life of me, I can't get them pointed at me correctly. In Houston heat... this is a serious disatisfier. Not likely a Jeep customer the next time...
This is why everyone says don’t buy the first model year of a new generation vehicle. Especially one where final software builds and manufacturing fitment were finalized during a global pandemic….. Needless to say, they’ll all be fixed within a year with new firmware loads, calibrations, recalls etc. Hence why year 2 is ALWAYS a safer bet. But hey why not just pull the trigger and complain about it anyways, right? Not like it was predictable or anyone was saying to hold off to year 2 or anything…. Btw - many of us, myself included, also bought a Summit Reserve and spent the same money you did. So no point in getting bent out of shape about it only happening to you, we’re all in the same boat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts