Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Just pressing a paddle shifter on my '18 enables it.
Pressing again for a little longer disables it reverting back to auto Drive mode.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Yeah, that’s what we were trying but it just kept saying “paddle shifting disabled”
The paddle shifter enable/disable in the Uconnect Settings is found on page 521 in my '18 Owners Manual.

| Rain Sensing Auto Wipers — If Equipped On Off
----------------------------------------------------------------
| Hill Start Assist — If Equipped On Off
--------------------------------------------------
| Tilt Mirrors in Reverse On Off
----------------------------------------
| Paddle Shifters Enable Disable
----------------------------------------------
| Steering Feel Options Sport Normal Comfort
--------------------------------------------------------------

Also from the manual:
-The system will ignore attempts to upshift at too low of
a vehicle speed.

-The system may revert to automatic shift mode if a fault
or overheat condition is detected.

Also if you had the transmission shifter in the Auto Stick manual position that might of automatically disabled the paddle shifters. Never tried that so don't know for sure.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
The MY21 JGC-L may not have the same settings setup, as it were, compared to the "WK2".
If some '21-L's come equipped with paddle shifters i'm sure there's a paddle shifter enable/disable setting buried somewhere in that Owners Manual Uconnect settings.
If not then there will be some annoying Sunday type driver's out there who hit a paddle shifter accidentally.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
If your settings menu is anything like my '18 WK2's dozens of settings its not hard to miss a particular setting.
Best thing to do is get the owner's manual on a PDF file and then do a search for whatever keyword(s) you're after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts