Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just thought I would share in case others are tracking the status of their build that the Jeep webpage is now showing that my GCLSR build has been scheduled for assembly. Unfortunately, no delivery date is provided but it's nice to see some movement after just being on order for over a month.
Congrats.... Ordered a 2 Row Overland Jun 29 and sill waiting to be scheduled.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I started asking Michigan dealers about ordering our vehicles since I spend so much time up there (1/3 of my life at this point). Every MI dealer indicated a much shorter order period vs. Koons and those nearer to South Carolina where we currently live. Is anyone waiting on an order from Michigan? Do they even load MI vehicles onto a train or are they just trucked straight from the factory? It'd be interesting to compare MI to deliveries to VA (Koon's).
Take this for what it's worth, but I'm part of another forum (Ram) and there is a person that tracks all orders for the TRX.
This is the current Window Sticker to Dealer Lot (WS to Lot) averages by state. The 2 numbers are rolling 30/60 day averages.

Again, this is not Jeep but it is another Michigan Assembly plant.
You can see Michigan has the quickest delivery timeline

Font Rectangle Material property Pattern Parallel

·
Registered
41 Posts
look at how many pickups going to Texas!!!! lol Pennsylvania is pretty high given its size respective to the list. Pick'em'up fans.
The state totals can be a little deceiving as there are some dealers offering great deals on orders (4% under invoice, $11k off MSRP, $9k off MSRP)
Those states numbers are jacked up based on all the out of state buyers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
as of yesterday afternoon my expected ship date was today, but it hasn't dropped out of D1.. 😰
Your estimated ship date is pretty much your build date. If your ESD is today I would suspect the tracker will update to in production in the next couple days since it seems to be at least a day behind. The first thing that becomes public is the build sheet. You could check later today to see if your build sheet is populated by using this link and filling in your VIN at the end.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My estimated ship date was never my build date. I went to D1 (firm schedule) in the first week of July, with no ETA. Build date occured August 9th with then ETA of September 18. System marked it as "built" on August 24th with then an ETA of September 15th. That changed to an ETA of September 5th (while still showing shipped date as TBD), and then it was delivered on September 2nd.

I did get a build sheet shortly before it went into production, but did not get a window sticker until it was actually finished being built. So it might be a good indicator of when it is at least finished being build by checking for the window sticker.
When you went Scheduled (D1) what was your Estimated Ship Date?

·
Registered
41 Posts
There was no ETA when I went D1 (I went D1 first week of July and they weren't even producing 2023's yet).
When you go DI, there is always an Estimated Ship Date but you have to get it from your dealer since it is listed on the POC.
That is different than anything you see on the tracker.

Do not confuse Estimated Ship Date with Estimated Delivery

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah. I didn't pester my dealer at all through the process. I ordered May 11th, and just let things fall where they may following via the tracker. My 2019 lease was up September 20th and I treated it like the new one may or may not come by then, and will thus determine if I get a new one or buy the 2019.
Ok, then yeah if you didn't get it from your dealer you never knew your ESD then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I placed my order on 7/19 currently I’m in D status it’s been that for awhile now. Today is the 2 month mark and still nothing showing on the online tracker. I called Koons today to see if I can talk to someone about what is going on as I’m seeing people that placed orders around my date or after my date getting there car or at least going into production or showing some kind of activity. When I call Koons all I ever get is a voicemail and when I leave a voicemail nobody ever returns my call. How is everyone’s experience with Koons? And am I still to early to be getting upset nothing is happening with my build?
Ours took just over 2 months to go to "scheduled" (Jun29-Aug31)
ESD has been pushed out twice with latest being 9/22

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone else find out Jeep increased the MSRP by $1200 this week, at least for Summits? I thought prices were locked in once an order was placed as long as delivery is taken within 14 days of it being delivered to dealer. I already have the window sticker for mine which reflects the old MSRP, but my wife's has not yet been generated.
Got our window sticker yesterday for an Overland and it was still the same as when we ordered in June.

Price Protection all depends on the dealer and what the agreement was.
From everything I know, Koons does price protect so even if her MSRP goes up, you will not pay the increase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm waiting to hear back from them about it. I presented my window sticker vs. the signed buyer's order for my vehicle. I don't have my wife's but I stated I thought price protection had been established. Won't be good for group buys if they renege on it...
Just for clarification... The Window Sticker will always show the current price, not the price locked price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts