Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
321 - 340 of 569 Posts

· Registered
992 Posts
Michelin CrossClimate 2. We spend a lot of time in Michigan and will eventually move up there, so I need something that is friendlier on snow and ice without being torn to shreds by Southern heat.
If moving to Michigan, grab a Set of all terrains.
Once You’ve moved, grab a second set of rims with dedicated winters.
Any all terrain tire won’t be good in the winter at the half life point. But they will fine the rest of the year.
This way you can run your summers right out without worrying if they will be good enough for next winter.
* added bonus you then have a second set of mounted / balanced wheels if you need out of a jam*

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
If moving to Michigan, grab a Set of all terrains.
Unless they plan on driving a lot in mild off-road conditions, there's not much point in ATs just because it's Michigan. The CC2s are all weather tires, great for highway and other on-pavement driving, just fine for mild off-road on occasion, etc. Whether they need dedicated winter tires or not really depends upon what part of Michigan they will be living in...it's a big place.

· Registered
992 Posts
Unless they plan on driving a lot in mild off-road conditions, there's not much point in ATs just because it's Michigan. The CC2s are all weather tires, great for highway and other on-pavement driving, just fine for mild off-road on occasion, etc. Whether they need dedicated winter tires or not really depends upon what part of Michigan they will be living in...it's a big place.
… regardless all Michigan gets winter. Always better to have a dedicated winter tire setup.
he may not want or need ATs as the main tire setup but the logic applies to all season tires too.
Yes I was considering lake effect snow, which may or may not apply to their situation

· Registered
441 Posts
It is Petoskey/Harbor Springs. When it becomes full-time is unknown, which is why the CC2s are ideal best blend between needs of both states. When we live up in MI full-time, I will buy dedicated sets of winter tires.

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
Always better to have a dedicated winter tire setup.
he may not want or need ATs as the main tire setup but the logic applies to all season tires too.
The tire they are considering is an All Weather tire, not an All Season. Different animal. But I do agree that in an area with very deep snow or very cold temperatures, a dedicated winter tire is not a terrible idea.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
… regardless all Michigan gets winter. Always better to have a dedicated winter tire setup.
Yes I was considering lake effect snow, which may or may not apply to their situation
I grew up in the western Michigan snow belt, and snow tires were a no brainer. I went to college in Ann Arbor (SE MI) and while you didn't need them every day there, if you go up north to ski or snowmobile, you still will be happy you bothered.

For those looking, the new Michelin X-Ice SUV tires are the best I've ever seen in 35 years of mostly Blizzaks. They are more stable in the dry (not squishy like Blizzaks), and the soft, grippy component in the tread compound is found all the way through the tread. Blizzaks only use the sticky silica compound on the top 1/3 of the tread block, which means once the Blizzaks wear down a couple of seasons or so (depending on use) they aren't much better in on snow and ice than all season tires. Michelins for the win, as they also seem to have more grip than the Blizzaks even have on snow and ice when new.

As someone who used to go to the track and has bought a lot of tires in search of a performance edge, and has decades of pretty aggressive snow driving behind them, I can assure anyone this recommendation is not some sort of 'post purchase validation' - they really are that good. Tire Rack has a good comparison test of them.

· Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I wonder if some of the variance is based on the model and whats ordered?

Ordered a 2023 GC Summit 4xe Oct 5. Nothing else has happened yet :)
4xe are on a different schedule.. they were still building 2022 4xe's when people here were taking delivery of 2023 non-4xe

· Registered
441 Posts
I grew up in the western Michigan snow belt, and snow tires were a no brainer.
As I said, when we are in MI full time, we will have dedicated snow tires. Until then, I need tires that will not absolutely kill themselves on warm pavement when we return to the South Carolina where we still spend most of our time (unfortunately). This time of year, Michigan could have snow and ice and then I drive back to SC and it'll be 80 degrees.

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

· Registered
622 Posts
I hear you. Snow tires are noisier when just eating miles on clear pavement, which could suck for driving back and forth as well as around in SC. Sounds like you have the right mentality towards what you are doing.

· Registered
59 Posts
I just got my window sticker today. I’m getting excited to finally get my vehicle. im guessing it should ship out in the next few days and hopefully get it koons in a week or so. But looking at my window sticker under the Luxury Tech Group V it only says manual 2nd row Window shades. It does not say wireless charging pad. all of the other options that are listed have everything listed that is suppose to be listed per the website. Anyone else have that missing on the window sticker but they actually have it? I’m going to be really mad if i paid 275 for window shades lol looking at other window stickers of other SR with the luxury tech group V the wireless charging pad is listed. On my build sheet tho the wireless charging pad is listed. So kind of confusing. mine is a 23 GCL SR

Attachments

· Registered
992 Posts
I just got my window sticker today. I’m getting excited to finally get my vehicle. im guessing it should ship out in the next few days and hopefully get it koons in a week or so. But looking at my window sticker under the Luxury Tech Group V it only says manual 2nd row Window shades. It does not say wireless charging pad. all of the other options that are listed have everything listed that is suppose to be listed per the website. Anyone else have that missing on the window sticker but they actually have it? I’m going to be really mad if i paid 275 for window shades lol looking at other window stickers of other SR with the luxury tech group V the wireless charging pad is listed. On my build sheet tho the wireless charging pad is listed. So kind of confusing. mine is a 23 GCL SR
Oh that is odd…
Keep in mind my window sticker is Canadian (don’t freak out at the price, second thought yea freak out at the price… these things are stupid expensive )
perhaps things are slightly different. But it’s definitely listed on mine.
Is $275 the usual price with wireless charging included?…. Price seems low?

· Registered
992 Posts
The build sheet is more important than the sticker. The sticker often has brevity. But I agree not having the charging pad is a strange one.
I had some minor discrepancies between build sheet and window sticker.
( window sticker said I had nappa leather door trim, build sheet said Palermo)
I’m assuming you have your build sheet?

· Registered
59 Posts
I’m guessing mine will have the wireless charger. It’s a fully loaded SR. Has eLSD and all lol. So if they decided the wireless charger was the thing to not put in there, that’s really weird. But it’s on the build sheet so I’m sure it’s in the car. But if it’s not when I go pick it up. I won’t be picking it up.

321 - 340 of 569 Posts