Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
381 - 400 of 569 Posts

· Registered
992 Posts
23 SR v6, white and black with Tupelo interior, bench seat, every option but the high altitude and the rear entertainment system, oh and no side steps.
Seems like a straight forward build.
For comparison:
I ordered my 23 SR June 3rd (hadn’t started 2023 production when I ordered)
Delivered September 30th

· Registered
59 Posts
Seems like a straight forward build.
For comparison:
I ordered my 23 SR June 3rd (hadn’t started 2023 production when I ordered)
Delivered September 30th
You would think lol. I’m just getting to the point of telling them to keep it. But then I think they don’t care they will just sell it to someone else. It’s been done for 2 weeks now. And just sitting at the plant. It’s going to Koons so they have a ton of vehicles going there so why is it just sitting there for 2 weeks.

· Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve 4x4 5.7L
320 Posts
It’s just waiting for space on a truck. There aren’t enough transport trucks and the ones available are expensive. I’d assume they’re waiting for reasonably priced space.

· Registered
992 Posts
You would think lol. I’m just getting to the point of telling them to keep it. But then I think they don’t care they will just sell it to someone else. It’s been done for 2 weeks now. And just sitting at the plant. It’s going to Koons so they have a ton of vehicles going there so why is it just sitting there for 2 weeks.
Mine sat for a while at the plant also, I think in my case it was the mopar finishing package holding me up

· Registered
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland 4X4 3.6L
20 Posts
So my 2023 Overland was built on 10/29, but still has not shipped. Decided to email the dealer for a status update…dealer responded KZLD Status- In Transit/Long Delay. Looks like my GCL has been sitting at the New Boston rail yard since 11/2. This railyard isjust on the other side of Detroit by the airport. Kinda bummed….was hoping to have it by Thanksgiving but that is looking doubtful. Anyone get stuck in this code before?

· Registered
20 Posts
I saw updated table which gives me hope…was just concerned about the “long day” code. I guess a better question if anyone knows is what is considered a long delay.

· Registered
20 Posts
One possibility is that one of the rail cars that make up the train has a mechanical issue like a bad wheel.
I guess it’s good that its not at the plant anymore. Not sure how it got to the New Boston rail yard. Looked at it on Google Maps…pretty massive rail yard for all Stellantis brands. Street view shows a few GCLs sitting there.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
My order was placed about a couple weeks ago, but the exec referral manager says he can get them built and shipped very quickly. Mine is also a lemon replacement order, and is just awaiting build status to confirm revisions to override the eLSD delete and change the color.

Any data regarding those types of orders is not relevant to normal order delivery timelines so I wouldn’t include them in your spreadsheet.

If they have all the parts, they can build the car in a day or two.

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
If they have all the parts, they can build the car in a day or two.
They can produce like a thousand vehicles a day in each factory...so your actual "build time" is far shorter than a "day or two"!!

· Registered
1,097 Posts
They can produce like a thousand vehicles a day in each factory...so your actual "build time" is far shorter than a "day or two"!!
Yes, but if you have options like PPF/mud flaps/running boards or other things that’s often done in a separate shop after it comes off the line, which means it takes a day or two by the time it goes from nothing but parts to QC and ‘finishing’ or whatever they call all that.

At least that’s generally how other makers work, I don’t know about the WL plant specifically.

Some cars, like the Bronco raptor, can’t even get the right wheels on until after it rolls off the line due to the width, for instance.

· Administrator
11,988 Posts
Couple of days from gate line to final inspection. Windsor Assembly could produce 1500 vans a day on 3 shifts w/3000+ on the assembly line.
Historically, the plant that was called Jefferson North literally built 800-1000 vehicles per day...80% JGC and the rest Durangos. And that's not with three shifts. Automotive plants are pretty amazing today with the meld of robotic technology with human operators that take care of the details along the line.

Relative to Jeep and specifically Grand Cherokee, what's also pretty kewel about that is that every single one of them has been a "sold" order, either to a customer or to a dealer. They don't produce them to force feed to the market like some makes/models are.

381 - 400 of 569 Posts