Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
441 - 460 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
My experience was once the vehicle is shown as having arrived at Jesup, MD, it is about 5 days for it to arrive at Koons and then another 2-5 days for them to prep it for delivery.
Hope your right…if that is true I should be getting a call/email tomorrow.
That’s good information! When talking to the dealer they can’t even give you that much lol. So it was unloaded on the 20th so as long as they still deliver on the weekends tomorrow should hopefully be the day.

If you call tomorrow post what they say. I’m going to call tomorrow also. Hopefully they can rush the”prep” part for my situation not being able to get it after Monday for a month.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
I don’t know what this “prep time” is. My order was delivered on a Friday. And the dealer called me Saturday and I went and got it.
I'm also not sure about the prep time but I do know that the dealers conduct a PDI (Post Delivery Inspection) that, depending on how backed up the dealer is, could cause one's vehicle to not be ready the same day (at least that is what happened to mine).

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
The email I got from Koons when mine showed up said they need a minimum of 48 hours after it falls off the truck.

·
Administrator
11,797 Posts
What is the typical shipping time you've seen once it's marked as shipped.
Location, location, location...both distance and direction plus volume. (relates to filling a rail car) Rail lines are not direct to every part of the geography and the majority of vehicles ship by rail, the exceptions being those that are within a certain shorter distance between the manufacturing site and the dealer that ordered the vehicle. So the reality of shipping is that it can be anywhere between a few days and a few weeks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me too…please post if you hear anything
I just called and spoke with Craig. My vehicle isn’t there he also said they only get vehicles delivered generally Monday-Friday. He also said they need 48hrs to look over the vehicle. Seems like a very long time to look over a vehicle but whatever. He said once the vehicle shows up they will send an email letting you know that, and then you can set up a time to come get the vehicle. So it’s just a waiting game.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bummer…I can’t get mine before 11/30, it’s gonna have to sit there until middle December before I can get up there. Too much going on at work to take time off.
You can always do all the paperwork when the car shows up so you can get that deal that ends on the 30th. And then pick it up later. I believe they just need to car there to be able to sell it so once it shows up you can “buy” it without actually being there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That or….there may also be equal if not better incentives closer to Christmas. Truth be told…I strategically ordered when I did to try to and snag one of the holiday incentives to get the best deal possible :)

·
Administrator
11,797 Posts
He also said they need 48hrs to look over the vehicle.
When they get deliveries, it's a lot of vehicles due to their volume, so prep can take some time. I suspect it's more of an "up to 48 hours", but there's no way to know when a specific vehicle will be ready to go. I'd rather them just say 48 hours rather than blow smoke and make a promise that can't necessarily be kept.

·
Registered
433 Posts
He also said they need 48hrs to look over the vehicle. Seems like a very long time to look over a vehicle but whatever. H
From what Craig told me, they perpetually have around 1,000 factory orders at a time. That means they are receiving quite a few customer orders, not to mention their own stock, and so it takes a bit of time to inspect and clean them up. When they say they detail them, I believe it is true--I found wax remnants on both of our GCLs.

441 - 460 of 460 Posts