Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

WL Jeep GCLSR Order is Now Scheduled for Assembly

44K views 585 replies 48 participants last post by  piper28 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share in case others are tracking the status of their build that the Jeep webpage is now showing that my GCLSR build has been scheduled for assembly. Unfortunately, no delivery date is provided but it's nice to see some movement after just being on order for over a month.

#4 ·
Unfortunately, yes. I keep checking with my dealer on whether the eLSD is a required delete and the last that I checked (a week or so ago), it was still requiring it to be deleted. Hopefully, that changes soon, and I can either revise my order or create a new order.

#7 ·
Yes, it's for a '23 MY. I ordered it at the end of June - it basically took a month for them to schedule it for production. Not sure why it took that long but probably because I ordered fairly soon after the '23 MY order books became available.

#9 ·
You will discover that after a whole bunch of "hurry up and wait", your vehicle will actually built in a single day (along with as much as a thousand others in normal times) and go through a whole bunch of tracking milestones very quickly such that they will not even show up.

#10 ·
It probably also heavily depends on supply chain issues WRT the specific model/options, and then it can get delayed after ‘basic production’ if it then has to be sidetracked for installation of certain things like running boards, mud flaps, PPF, etc which are often done at a secondary installation facility at the factory.

If your order is ‘simple’ it can be done right now in a day, but if it was placed behind a bunch of others who get the limited availability parts first, you could end up with supply chain deletes or stalled assembly due to secondary facility backlog for similar reasons.

it’s just a mess these days, on top of normal model year changeover.

#11 ·
Did production begin yet for the 23's?

#31 ·
Nice! I'm curious, what date did you place your order? I ordered by '23 SR on 6/28, no movement yet....no VIN assigned and haven't moved to "Now Scheduled for Assembly" yet. Wondering how far ahead of me you were in the order queue. Hoping the rear entertainment package I ordered isn't holding up my build. Thanks!

#34 ·
Tx - I placed my order on 6/28, too. While my VIN does not show up on the Jeep tracking page, my dealer sent me the "Priced Order Confirmation" (POC) sheet, about a week after my order, and the POC shows a VIN. So if you contact your dealer, I'm going to guess they can do the same and your vehicle most likely has a VIN.

#32 ·
I ordered my 2023 3 row Summit on July 14 and all I have is a VON. My Configuration Preview from Koons also does not have ELSD delete. When I had one done back in April on a 2022 2 row the Preview did have ELSD delete.

#33 ·
It sounds like there was a very short time that they were not deleting the ELSD. I ordered on July 19th and it’s not deleted. Reading other threads it sounds like it’s happened a few times. We’re it will have it and then it won’t again and then it will have it again.

#45 ·
And Tom, they are still building WD DUrango for the moment, AFAIK... I was told specifically by someone who works there that they can run "a bunch of different things" down the same line with no issue. As you mention, it's just a matter of sequencing and insuring that the software understands what's in each "slot" on the line so that parts flow properly/accurately so it moves along. They have the ability to run something like 1000 vehicles a day through that plant.

#58 ·
Something that's important to understand that after a lot of "hurry up and wait", when your order hits actual production, your vehicle is built and out the door in a day along with many hundreds of others. The tracking system can be very hit or miss based on sheer timing of information flows. So in Matt_H's case, it's likely out the door and moving into the transportation dance, which depending on geography can be one or more train routes followed by trucking the last few miles to the dealer.

#59 ·
it's likely out the door and moving into the transportation dance, which depending on geography can be one or more train routes followed by trucking the last few miles to the dealer.
I started asking Michigan dealers about ordering our vehicles since I spend so much time up there (1/3 of my life at this point). Every MI dealer indicated a much shorter order period vs. Koons and those nearer to South Carolina where we currently live. Is anyone waiting on an order from Michigan? Do they even load MI vehicles onto a train or are they just trucked straight from the factory? It'd be interesting to compare MI to deliveries to VA (Koon's).

#66 ·
what I learned on the 'last mile' with my '14 is that the trains get it to the destination rail yard but then the truck carriers optimize their trips.. so depending on the traffic to dealers around yours, your rig may sit in the destination rail yard for a while.

I talked my dealer into putting a "hot ticket" on my '14 GC to get it on a truck, probably a week faster than it otherwise would have moved from Selkirk NY to Greenfield MA, not exactly a high-traffic route.

Reactions: Jim_in_PA
#67 ·
That's a really good point, Tom. There indeed can be "route optimization" for the truck deliveries as part of the "transportation package" for both efficiency/economy and also because of unloading order.

#69 ·
No, it's still showing "scheduled" but nothing more; however, based on what Jim-in_PA has mentioned in this thread (or another thread), I don't really anticipate seeing anything more until it has been fabricated and is ready to ship. If the projected ship date is 8/17, I'm hoping that I'll see something on Monday or Tuesday. Is your Avatar the GCLSR that you have ordered? Also, curious what state are you in?

#74 ·
Today I found out, from my dealer, that my ship date has now slipped from tomorrow (Wednesday, 8/17) to Monday (8/22). Not a big deal if true but not confident it won't slip again; however, the Jeep tracker page is now showing my VIN number so maybe it is fairly close to being fabricated (or is fabricated) - who knows?. Also, my dealer informed me that she is still seeing the eLSD as a required delete. It looks like I'm going not going to be getting eLSD on my L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.