Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I was wondering what everyone paid below or over MRSP for their Grand Cherokee? I’m negotiating my summit reserve, and the dealership will not budge on their “mark adjustments”

I know it’s a cool car, but when I was cross shopping some “luxury” vehicles they did not have a mark up on them.

appreciate any tips to get it at MSRP or even below :)

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,221 Posts
Try going to another dealership, ones that do volume, like Koons and River Oaks Houston. They will do it all on the Internet and you can do a fly drive and save some dosh.

Reactions: LH478

·
Premium Member
2015 Grand Cherokee
189 Posts
Bought our Overland in Simi Valley CA. We said we would not pay over the window sticker.
Had Protech, Luxury Tech and the Macintosh system 19 speaker performance audio. Sticker was $64360.

They had a market adjustment of $2000. Told them if they sell at sticker or below we'll come down and buy the Overland in stock, now.
Ended up paying $750 below sticker plus they got us a rebate from Jeep for $1000. Dealer made a call to Jeep on that one. It was specific to us.
We had CilaJet paint seal, wheel locks and 3M door edge and door handle guards added. This was $1795, a bit high but we had planned for those add on options anyway.
You should be able to get some reduction. If its a V8 for sure as I saw several of those with $3000 off of the sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought our Overland in Simi Valley CA. We said we would not pay over the window sticker.
Had Protech, Luxury Tech and the Macintosh system 19 speaker performance audio. Sticker was $64360.

They had a market adjustment of $2000. Told them if they sell at sticker or below we'll come down and buy the Overland in stock, now.
Ended up paying $750 below sticker plus they got us a rebate from Jeep for $1000. Dealer made a call to Jeep on that one. It was specific to us.
We had CilaJet paint seal, wheel locks and 3M door edge and door handle guards added. This was $1795, a bit high but we had planned for those add on options anyway.
You should be able to get some reduction. If its a V8 for sure as I saw several of those with $3000 off of the sticker.
I have been talking to a few dealers. One doesn’t charge over, so hopefully I can use that to negotiate. I keep getting “these summit reserve are rare cars” and “we can do that”.
I don’t want to let these car slip through since it has everything! But I’m not paying over ! So we will see. Thanks for the tips!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
2 dealers near me both had 1000 under MSRP for factory orders, 500 over MSRP buying off the lot. Neither had any inventory.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
148 Posts
Hey everyone!
I was wondering what everyone paid below or over MRSP for their Grand Cherokee? I’m negotiating my summit reserve, and the dealership will not budge on their “mark adjustments”

I know it’s a cool car, but when I was cross shopping some “luxury” vehicles they did not have a mark up on them.

appreciate any tips to get it at MSRP or even below :)
I would NEVER pay over MSRP, day 1 that vehicle depreciates plus any surcharge just disappears once this crap is over.
Maybe use one of those car-buying services like Costco or whoever, Truecar, something like that?
And if they insist, I'd vote with my feet. And wait until things got normal...
I got my Summit L for MSRP with what I thought was excellent prices on my trades

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ccastle - some context on your buying situation might yield more specific advice from some folks with a lot of knowledge on the forum. What part of the country do you live in? Heck, city & state might be helpful. Are you under time pressure to make a purchase? Are you willing to fly / drive to get the ”best” deal? How far? I’d think having some of that out there might help w/ guidance.

You can order an SR and get better pricing (based on what I’ve observed) vs. taking a dealer car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
At my dealer every car has a $2000 markup, and why not? They're selling 70 cars / month versus 130. It doesn't make up for lost revenue. The markup applies to people who want to buy a car off the lot. If you order a car, they honor affiliate pricing so pay your $100 to tread lightly and get it at 1% below invoice & wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered mine and was guaranteed sticker minus any incentives that are available the month it arrives. And no deposit. 2 other dealers wanted 500 and 2500 down. I took a hard pass and found the dealer I did. Have a VON and VIN - so now its just a waiting game. Considering the market, I'm ok with it. Had anyone tried to do market adjustments, i would just keep my perfect X5 with only 6600 miles on it for a while longer. lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm just wondering for people paying around sticker, why don't you just join Tread Lightly for $100 (tax deductible) and get it for 1% below invoice instead? It's ridiculously easy / no hassle to get the FFA pricing.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
If you have many dealers within a 50 mile radius of where you live, you can get a better deal than paying over invoice. I am in the DC area and I paid 1% below invoice because I didn't want to wait on an order. If you don’t have many dealers in the area and you want something on the lot, you are stuck with their prices. Find all the dealers within a radius and check their inventory. Make some calls! Good luck!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts