Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered and installed the OEM Mopar side steps and/or splash guards themselves on the WL, 2-row or 3-row? I’d prefer to do this myself but don’t want to if it’s just not a good idea. I’m not interested in the partial PPF that comes with the Finishing Package by Mopar so ordering that package and the side steps from the factory just doesn’t make sense, IMHO. I’m also thinking if I ordered the sides steps from the factory installed that I may end up needing to remove them to properly fit and install the front splash guards.

Any install insights on either or both is appreciated!

·
Registered
‘22 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
16 Posts
I have a ‘22 two row Altitude. I installed the Mopar mud / rock guards a few weeks ago. Pretty simple to do. The only thing I didn’t do, was drill the small holes into the rear fender arches. It just didn’t seem like it was needed with the other brackets and bolts being used.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tire

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here’s a link to the front and rear sets from BAM wholesale. They have the best prices that I’ve found. These are for the 2 row version.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man! I know I can do this install. Thinking you gotta do the side steps before the front splash guards. Anyone out there DIY both?

Hindsight - Is the suggested drilling into metal?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ur welcome. Nope, the drilling is only into the plastic wheel arch to install a small screw and the bottom plastic of the rear bumper behind the rear wheels to install a rivet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone ordered and installed the OEM Mopar side steps and/or splash guards themselves on the WL, 2-row or 3-row? I’d prefer to do this myself but don’t want to if it’s just not a good idea. I’m not interested in the partial PPF that comes with the Finishing Package by Mopar so ordering that package and the side steps from the factory just doesn’t make sense, IMHO. I’m also thinking if I ordered the sides steps from the factory installed that I may end up needing to remove them to properly fit and install the front splash guards.

Any install insights on either or both is appreciated!
Just ordered side steps for the GC yesterday from e-bay (only ones I could find) Bam said none left no eta on restock, same with dealers & Mopar sites Nose Hand Eyebrow Mouth Eyelash
I will update soon...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a ‘22 two row Altitude. I installed the Mopar mud / rock guards a few weeks ago. Pretty simple to do. The only thing I didn’t do, was drill the small holes into the rear fender arches. It just didn’t seem like it was needed with the other brackets and bolts being used.

View attachment 243311 View attachment 243312 View attachment 243313 View attachment 243314
Just ordered side steps for the GC yesterday from e-bay (only ones I could find) Bam said none left no eta on restock, same with dealers & Mopar sites View attachment 243755 I will update soon...
Passenger side done, it is a bear to get those rivnuts in...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Hood Grille Automotive tire Bumper Grey

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with dand - it's looks great. Curious if anyone has the Jeep OEM bright side steps, rather than the full black side steps. I've seen various YouTube videos that show the bright side steps but I'm not sure if they are aftermarket or OEM as they seem to look different than the ones that you can order directly from Jeep, when ordering your vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are 3" with the door closed, with open it is a 4 1/4 step, I have not got them wet yet, I will post when I do. I have found myself (not used to having them) that they can be shin busters, I will have to learn to use them as their side steps.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
377 Posts
They are 3" with the door closed, with open it is a 4 1/4 step, I have not got them wet yet, I will post when I do. I have found myself (not used to having them) that they can be shin busters, I will have to learn to use them as their side steps.
Agreed on shin busters. My sister in law& her husband have them on their 2020 GC and F150, she needs them, he isn't tall either. I find them just about perfectly wrong for my height. Too tall to get in when using them, and stick out to far to avoid them.

·
Registered
28 Posts

View attachment 243311 View attachment 243312 View attachment 243313 View attachment 243314
I agree the only portion I did drill the plastic underneath for the rivet I suppose if I went off road maybe drilling through the frame may add more strength but then again no as it may do more damage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts