Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took in my Jeep for a chrome delete and got everything wrapped except the front grill and exhaust. I also left the badging and lettering. Since I have a black Jeep, I wanted to keep some accent chrome. The owner convinced me to get gloss black and I was really regretting that decision until I saw it. Gloss black was absolutely right as everything blends in and looks like the black paint. The only thing I could see satin is the window surround, but I am happy with everything gloss. It really makes the Jeep look like it always should have in my opinion. I love it!!!

The owner also suggested doing the grill squares and/or the door handles in blue (same blue as the e) but I'm glad I said no to that. I like it more simple.

They accidentally wrapped the grill surrounds, which I had them unwrap. They actually looked pretty good. I think it looks great either way but best with the surrounds unwrapped. I kept one of the pics with it wrapped in case anyone wanted to see what it looked like.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Personal preference. I would go with gloss on a gloss black car though. It looks more 'of the whole', unless there are certain lines you're trying to draw subtle attention to, and I can't really think of anything that would work well with on this car. If you had Baltic gray, I could see an argument for matching the finish of the anthracite 'satin' look of the wheels, but on gloss black, I would probably stay with gloss.

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have come around on the gloss black. I agree with Sarge that it makes the trim look "more of the whole". I do think satin on the window surround would have been fine too but I'm fine with the gloss black. It really makes the Jeep look amazing. I do think I'm going to have him unwrap the grill surrounds so that it pops a little more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts