Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Mode of transport Gadget

I am setting up my new 2023 summit reserve’s rear fire TVs and noticed the screens look horrible due to backlight bleed. Has anyone else been having this issue too? Pretty shocked.

This might be the worse backlight bleed and fading on a screen that I have ever seen. It is on both screen.

· Registered
953 Posts
😬
I mean it looks like brightness is pegged at 100% but still…. Ouch..
on a closer look it almost looks like the design of the fire tv background.. put a show or picture on as a true test.
I too considered the rear screens, until I folded the second row seats to access the third row and the second row seat hit the screen….that was before I added our car seats into the equation.
tablets for road trips it is..

· Registered
953 Posts
It is on the default settings and it is light bleed, not a background picture
Please post a picture of the screens menu or an image.
the “fire tv” logo looks fuzzy in your picture.. not nearly as crisp as our tester Jeep. (It was also daylight when I looked it)

· Registered
1,045 Posts
Wow, that's so bad it looks like part of the design (not saying it is). I would try turning the interior lights on so the camera isn't so pixelated, and also try recording video and/or a photo during a dark movie (ie Batman or something where it's relatively dark). No screen should look that bad in 2022.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts