Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a 2022 Jeep GC on 9/3/21. It was built 11/8/21. Today is 11/25/21 and my car is still sitting at the plant waiting for a train to Minneapolis . How much longer before it gets to me? Getting frustrated.

·
Super Moderator
10,459 Posts
You will have to contact Jeep customer service and/or your dealer to ascertain where your vehicle is in the process. There are folks who ordered the previous "WK2" version in mid-summer that still have not received their vehicles, likely due to component shortages. If you know for a fact that your WL was built on 8 November, then it's in the middle of the transportation dance, if it was not held at the factory for a missing component or something. Where you are geographically matters relative to transportation...aside from locations within a certain distance of Detroit, vehicles ship via rail cars. Delivery is sooner for folks in areas where there is direct rail service from the Detroit area. Folks that live in areas where the rail car has to be shuffled to a different train route one or more times takes longer.

But in the end, nobody here can actually provide you with any information on your specific vehicle and it's status, unfortunately.

Reactions: larrywal

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have ordered cars and had them put on a train the very day they were built and I've had a few sit in the yard waiting to be shipped for 3 weeks too.

They wait until they have a full train car headed to the area before they load up and send the cars.

It's all a matter of chance....sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you have to wait a little bit.

I know it will be worth the wait though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts