Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this thread should be in one of the other forums but something I have thought about that others, who are either waiting to receive their GCL or are thinking of purchasing one, was a post for others to post all of the features or "likes" they have about their GCL. Some of the items discussed may already be within other threads but I thought it might also be nice to have one thread that someone can go to and read all of the nice features that others have found or discovered (whether in the Owner's manual or not). There are many other threads that seem to find something wrong with the GCL so I figured it would be nice to have one thread that identifies all of the positives of the vehicle. With that said, I'll start............. I recently purchased my GCLSR earlier this month (October '22) and had done a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos. Something I didn't know and recently discovered, my GCL will automatically turn on the heated seats and heated steering wheel once it determines the temperature outside is at a certain degree (not sure the temperature it needs to be but for me, it has occurred when the temperature has been in the 30s). This does not occur when I start the vehicle in my garage and it's cold out. It only occurs after it's been outside and turned off and then turned back on (for example, when I drop my kids off at their school). While I often find myself turning the seats and steering wheel heat off, I do think it's a nice feature.

· Registered
618 Posts
Not sure if this thread should be in one of the other forums but something I have thought about that others, who are either waiting to receive their GCL or are thinking of purchasing one, was a post for others to post all of the features or "likes" they have about their GCL. Some of the items discussed may already be within other threads but I thought it might also be nice to have one thread that someone can go to and read all of the nice features that others have found or discovered (whether in the Owner's manual or not). There are many other threads that seem to find something wrong with the GCL so I figured it would be nice to have one thread that identifies all of the positives of the vehicle. With that said, I'll start............. I recently purchased my GCLSR earlier this month (October '22) and had done a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos. Something I didn't know and recently discovered, my GCL will automatically turn on the heated seats and heated steering wheel once it determines the temperature outside is at a certain degree (not sure the temperature it needs to be but for me, it has occurred when the temperature has been in the 30s). This does not occur when I start the vehicle in my garage and it's cold out. It only occurs after it's been outside and turned off and then turned back on (for example, when I drop my kids off at their school). While I often find myself turning the seats and steering wheel heat off, I do think it's a nice feature.
I haven't had the WL long enough, but in my two WK2's the vehicle needed to register the outside temperature belwo 40 degrees for it to automatically turn on the heated seats and wheel.

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another small but nice touch, the "Nav" icon on the Uconnect navigation screen, displays the direction traveling when the vehicle is moving (kind of like what Apple does with its small clock app icon which shows the actual time).

Font Screenshot Line Software Slope

· Registered
2022 JGC WL Overland 4X4
70 Posts
I have the two row and not the L, but I love: 1. How the vehicle lights up when I approach it (headlights, door handle lights, etc) wonderful feature at night. 2. The massage seats! 3. Wireless CarPlay and charging pad. Coming from a Range Rover I had a lot of the other features, but these three are new for me and I absolutely love them!

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
I have the two row and not the L, but I love: 1. How the vehicle lights up when I approach it (headlights, door handle lights, etc) wonderful feature at night. 2. The massage seats! 3. Wireless CarPlay and charging pad. Coming from a Range Rover I had a lot of the other features, but these three are new for me and I absolutely love them!
I keep forgetting about that #1, but that is pretty sweet. When I walk up to it and see it all lit up just makes you smile.
And yeah Massage is nice on a trip, and dropping my phone in the Jeep and having Android Auto already up is a plus over my previous cars needing a cable.
Also FamCam is great with the grandkids in the 2nd row, helps you reach back and grab their feet when they're kicking your seat ;)

· Registered
2022 JGC WL Overland 4X4
70 Posts
Also FamCam is great with the grandkids in the 2nd row, helps you reach back and grab their feet when they're kicking your seat ;)
Haha, I love this! I would of been wonderful when my kids were little! I imagine by the time I have grandkids, I will be in a different vehicle. I will have to make note so it has the FamCam :D

· Registered
618 Posts
To contribute to this thread, there are many features that I like. And many of them are not earth-shattering or unique such as auto high beam control, rain-sensing wipers, LED headlights for better night driving, and even adaptive cruise control. I love these features, but they aren't necessarily unique. Along the lines of the more unique features, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the digital rear view mirror. Not having heads in the way, or pillars of the vehicle blocking things, or having a loaded back....the overall visibility of the digital rear view mirror is awesome. The other feature I love is the wireless carplay. It works great and is awesome. I can get in the care and not have to fiddle with cables, or like in my WK2 jeep have either a short cable so that it's tidy vs a long cable that you can actually pick up the phone without having to unplug. I love the wireless carplay.

Oh, and the kids love having the USB ports even in the third row for their phones and devices.

· Registered
979 Posts
The trick is not to wave your foot. Straight under and straight out works every time for me. Owner's manual told me how.
+1
A straight kick under the hitch cover has had 100% success rate.
(providing the vehicle is on or I have the key in my pocket)

for me it’s one of those industry standard features I could live without, very seldom are my hands so full I can’t spare a finger for the button.. it’s a take it or leave it feature for me

· Registered
37 Posts
My 2016 WK2 Limited did the same thing with the heated seats and steering wheel when its in a cold environment.

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must need training -- I can only get ours to work 1 out of every 6 or 7 times I try it...Any pointers?
For me, I make sure the fob is in one of my pockets and then just kick quickly under the bumper. As others have said, a straight kick rather than a swinging kick (or swiping kick). I didn't think I would like it as much - especially since others reported that it was not consistent but now that I have gotten it down as to how to open it, I actually find it very convenient and easier than reaching for my key and taking it out of my pocket and pushing the button.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts