Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer accepted my 2022 Jeep GC Trailhawk order. How can I track my Order ? I’m seeing conflicting info on-line re how to follow build process.

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
Your dealer and Jeep customer service are the avenues for tracking your order.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your dealer and Jeep customer service are the avenues for tracking your order.
While recently shopping for a ‘22 Jeep GC Trailhawk, dealers where unable to enter an Order on their Website, and could provide no further info.
Then, in last two days, a larger, high volume dealership said they could place an Order, and I immediately grabbed the opportunity.
The paperwork I received for my Order is a receipt from the Dealership for my $1,000 deposit, and a single sheet printout on plain white paper of a Configuration Preview that has my name and address listed as Costumer towards the lower left below my build, with a Scheduling Priority of 1-Sold Order., a Status of BA Pending Order and a Build Priority of 99.
There is no VON or VIN #, and it says “Sold to”, followed by the dealers name an address.
This paperwork is different from what I’ve received in my previous vehicle acquisitions; so, I curious if I have a legit order that will get built in near future; or, was this a clever manipulation to get an order that is going no-where ?!
What was going on with Trailhawk Orders? Is it an Allocation issue that gives larger dealers have an advantage? Can I confirm my status directly with Jeep?

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
It's not an actual order until there is a VON...vehicle order number.

Yes, there is allocation in Jeep's system and always has been and it's by trim level, too. Larger, high volume dealers do have allocation advantages and that's important because every JGC is tagged with an actual order, either for an end customer or for a dealer. Jeep doesn't "push" inventory to dealers like some brands do. The bottom line here is that until the dealer can actually submit your order as a valid order and receive a VON, it's just a pending action strictly at the dealer level.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not an actual order until there is a VON...vehicle order number.

Yes, there is allocation in Jeep's system and always has been and it's by trim level, too. Larger, high volume dealers do have allocation advantages and that's important because every JGC is tagged with an actual order, either for an end customer or for a dealer. Jeep doesn't "push" inventory to dealers like some brands do. The bottom line here is that until the dealer can actually submit your order as a valid order and receive a VON, it's just a pending action strictly at the dealer level.
Very helpful info ! Thank you.
What comes first : a VON or VIN ?
My salesman promised a VIN in 2 weeks.
What should I be asking him for?

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
VON always comes first...it's the order. VIN is the vehicle itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts