Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 WL74 Overland
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed a Redarc Tow Pro Elite on my 22 Jeep Garand Cherokee WL74. I have the trailering package so their TPH-004 wiring kit works with the WL. I installed it all behind the lower panel below the steering wheel. wish I had my friend here to video it but he showed up just as i finished, 1st you remove the center console side trim piece on the drivers side. You give it a good yank from the top in the rear. It pops out then pull backwards. You then remove the carpet piece under the dash. 2 common push pins hold it in. There are two 7mm screws that hold the panel on. The Pannel pops out. Then you unplug everything on the panel. I put the controller switch above the dimmer switch. I had to trim some off the switch housing. You drill a 1" hole if you use the piece that comes with the switch that says Trailer brake. a 10mm hole if you dont want to use that. I drilled two holes in the steering column support to mount the controller. It has to be in any position but cant be able to move at all. I tucked all the wiring up with zip ties and put it back together. no problem. took no time at all. Ill try it out soon.

Electrical wiring Cable Wire Electrical supply Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Motor vehicle Vehicle door Gas Automotive exterior Trunk

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
683 Posts
Just installed a Redarc Tow Pro Elite on my 22 Jeep Garand Cherokee WL74. I have the trailering package so their TPH-004 wiring kit works with the WL. I installed it all behind the lower panel below the steering wheel. wish I had my friend here to video it but he showed up just as i finished, 1st you remove the carpet piece under the dash. 2 common push pins hold it in. There are two 7mm screws that hold the panel on. The Pannel pops out. Then you unplug everything on the panel. I put the controller switch above the dimmer switch. I had to trim some off the switch housing. You drill a 1" hole if you use the piece that comes with the switch that says Trailer brake. a 10mm hole if you dont want to use that. I drilled two holes in the steering column support to mount the controller. It has to be in any position but cant be able to move at all. I tucked all the wiring up with zip ties and put it back together. no problem. took no time at all. Ill try it out soon.
Nice to include the pics, but WOW, I've seen less on engine swap threads ;)

·
Registered
22 WL74 Overland
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im pretty sure you can pop the panel out i put the controller in by just putting a pry tool under it. That would make this install very easy. would just have to pull the panel off the drivers side center console. then the panel under the steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts