Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue too where the audio stutters / skips / cuts out / glitches frequently throughout songs when audio is played from mobile phones? It seems even worse when using the Uconnect display concurrently. It is really distracting having the audio constantly have issues on such a nice McIntosh sound system.

I have had this happen on my 2023 GCL SR on both CarPlay and Bluetooth only audio as well as when wired using multiple factory restored iPhone 14 pro max’s (latest iOS 16.1.1 software).

I have also factory reset the Uconnect system and the audio cut outs persist. It doesn’t seem to happen on SiriusXM I think and it is specific to this Jeep McIntosh system.

· Registered
979 Posts
My audio has never clipped or cut out yet and I’m 50% wireless CarPlay, 50% sat radio. And I have it louder than most (hover around 25 vol when alone in the car)

the screen it self sputters and flickers sometimes but audio never cuts out.

· Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
14 Posts
Yep. This happens when I’m on wireless CarPlay on a longer trip, then it’s usually followed by CarPlay disconnecting and reconnecting. For this reason I use wired CarPlay unless it’s a short trip.
Disappointing Jeep hasn’t figured this out as I’ve now had a few other vehicles with wireless CarPlay that works flawlessly but the cord isn’t a huge deal.

· Registered
17 Posts
I am noticing the clipping as well on my 2023 SR. I'm very underwhelmed at this system. Not only do I get those clips/cutouts but I also get a blank black screen randomly with carplay and the only fix is to delete and reconfigure. My channel pre-select also freezes up constantly. And I don't notice this sound system sounding anything better than the previous. The bass is way too muddy. I'm shocked that McIntosh would put their name on it. The damn Mcintosh lighted label on my front left speaker even rattles. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts