Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
81 - 100 of 152 Posts

· Registered
509 Posts
Just another update: Jeep Customer Service punted the ball back to the dealer & said it's their responsibility. The problem isn't the dealer, who has been great from the day 1, it's that Jeep Corporate is not responding to the dealer. Round & round we go.
Is JeepCares/Stellantis aware that they are the ones who come up with the build options, marketing, and who assembled the vehicle?

If or when I get the Jeep back, I will getting Katzkin Leather interior installed and Xpel Interior wrap installed on the piano black interior

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Is JeepCares/Stellantis aware that they are the ones who come up with the build options, marketing, and who assembled the vehicle?

If or when I get the Jeep back, I will getting Katzkin Leather interior installed and Xpel Interior wrap installed on the piano black interior
The latest is the district manager for our selling dealer (out of state) now says not their problem, and I need to take the vehicle to a dealer close to me and have them re-start the process of getting me the parts - but Jeep hasn't figured out who's going to pay for them.

· Registered
979 Posts
Are the silver sections removable to facilitate painting? I’d be pissed off enough by now to get them painted.
I realize this is jeeps problem but I’d hate looking at the silver roof rails every time..

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Are the silver sections removable to facilitate painting? I’d be pissed off enough by now to get them painted.
I realize this is jeeps problem but I’d hate looking at the silver roof rails every time..
They do just pop off. At this point I'm going to get them wrapped in gloss black Xpel paint protection film, and our selling dealer has said to send them the bill. They also said if we were unhappy about the color of the wheels we could get them painted/powdercoated and they could cover it as well. I don't want to hit them with that cost because it's not their fault at all.

· Registered
41 Posts
What models get gloss black roof rails? Are they even available...got a part#? I've only seen unpainted rails w/gloss black inserts.
They don't exist in the parts book :cool:
You'll figure it out...post that part#😴
Any luck with a gloss black part#? 👈 View attachment 246184
Our overland has the gloss black "rail cover" or whatever you would like to call it.
So they do exist

· Registered
362 Posts
Here are part numbers that I got from justforjeeps.com. To me Hinzy's picture looks to be the textured. Unpainted, to me, would be smooth.

Black Textured - 68458790AC & 68458791AC
Unpainted - 68567470AB & 68567471AB

· Registered
41 Posts
Here are part numbers that I got from justforjeeps.com. To me Hinzy's picture looks to be the textured. Unpainted, to me, would be smooth.

Black Textured - 68458790AC & 68458791AC
Unpainted - 68567470AB & 68567471AB
That's not the actual picture of ours.... that is a reference picture with a label stating what is what on the one we have.

· Registered
362 Posts
Do it right...order the rail covers & redo the wheels in gloss black...deadly combo, as it should have been! Forget about the wrap.
That is what I am going to do. I think you will have to paint the roof rails as I do not believe you can purchase them glossy black only unpainted.

81 - 100 of 152 Posts