Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
101 - 120 of 152 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
So, concerning your roof rails. Technically you have gloss black rails, it’s the cover that’s silver. Have you looked at the build sheet? Probably states this:

Font Logo Brand Magenta Circle

Overlands that have gloss black covers show this on the build sheet:

Font Brand Logo Graphics Electric blue

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
So, concerning your roof rails. Technically you have gloss black rails, it’s the cover that’s silver. Have you looked at the build sheet? Probably states this:

View attachment 246379

Overlands that have gloss black covers show this on the build sheet:

View attachment 246380
Yes I believe I posted photos of my build sheet that shows gloss black roof rails under optional equipment. They replace the gloss black/fine silver rails that come as standard equipment. It really isn't that difficult.

· Registered
41 Posts
Yes I believe I posted photos of my build sheet that shows gloss black roof rails under optional equipment. They replace the gloss black/fine silver rails that come as standard equipment. It really isn't that difficult.
You’re right, not that difficult to understand the difference between a rail and a cover. You have gloss black rails.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
You’re right, not that difficult to understand the difference between a rail and a cover. You have gloss black rails.
The entire thing is the rail & is supposed to be gloss black, hence the "gloss black roof rails" listed under optional equipment & "gloss black/fine silver roof rails" listed under standard equipment. All one has to do is go to Jeep.com and look at the description of the two packages. And Jeep has already confirmed that our vehicle is not supposed to have fine silver rails.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I wouldn’t call a pre production show vehicle “real life”, but to each their own.
When you're displaying said pkg and what is included in said pkg for $1,895, yeah I'd say that's real life. Fact of the matter is the vehicle is supposed to have the gloss black rails (or covers as you stated) and not silver as indicated in both the option pkg literature & my build sheet - which has already been confirmed by Jeep. So any opinions to the contrary are irrelevant.

Reactions: NicJ

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Was able to take the vehicle by a local dealer of my choice. First thing out of the Sales Manager's mouth "yeah those aren't the rails that are supposed to be on here".
They filed a claim for the missing rails, submitted a warranty claim for our janky steering wheel and the transport damage to 3 of our wheels. They'll also take a look at our tailgate that is slamming shut when we bring it back for the other items.

They said the rails and steering wheel shouldn't be an issue, but they think there might be an issue getting the wheels approved, even though our selling dealer notated the damage upon delivery. We'll see.

· Registered
362 Posts
Was able to take the vehicle by a local dealer of my choice. First thing out of the Sales Manager's mouth "yeah those aren't the rails that are supposed to be on here".
They filed a claim for the missing rails, submitted a warranty claim for our janky steering wheel and the transport damage to 3 of our wheels. They'll also take a look at our tailgate that is slamming shut when we bring it back for the other items.

They said the rails and steering wheel shouldn't be an issue, but they think there might be an issue getting the wheels approved, even though our selling dealer notated the damage upon delivery. We'll see.
Please supply part numbers for the correct rail covers.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Please supply part numbers for the correct rail covers.
When I get them I will. Would be interesting to measure the rails on the Wagoneer to see if they're the same as the GCL rails. They looked very similar and every Wagoneer they had in the showroom had gloss black rails.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Newest update for anyone interested. The dealership has ordered the gloss black rails & a new steering wheel, however both are on back order. So no telling when those will arrive. Jeep also denied the repair for the transport damage to our wheels (3 of them were scratched or chipped upon delivery). It's appears the paint on the "black" High Altitude wheels is very fragile, fyi.

· Registered
509 Posts
Newest update for anyone interested. The dealership has ordered the gloss black rails & a new steering wheel, however both are on back order. So no telling when those will arrive. Jeep also denied the repair for the transport damage to our wheels (3 of them were scratched or chipped upon delivery). It's appears the paint on the "black" High Altitude wheels is very fragile, fyi.
Almost would want me to take the current ones and have refinished at a shop and hope it is more durable

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Sorry about your wheels. Maybe your local dealer can get you a genuine BLACK set at cost?
glad your steering wheel got replaced, and rails.
Will have to see if they know the paint code for the wheels and sell touch up paint in that color. If not, it's pretty crappy. The granite crystal wheels on our previous High Altitude were scratch/chip free after 52k miles.

· Registered
979 Posts
Will have to see if they know the paint code for the wheels and sell touch up paint in that color. If not, it's pretty crappy. The granite crystal wheels on our previous High Altitude were scratch/chip free after 52k miles.
I personally don’t like the look of the altitude wheels, I think they look better on the 2 row SR with the polished spokes. That’s my opinion.
due to the ho hum design, oddball 21” size, and shitty gray paint….I would sell em and buy something that Makes me happy every time I look at it.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I personally don’t like the look of the altitude wheels, I think they look better on the 2 row SR with the polished spokes. That’s my opinion.
due to the ho hum design, oddball 21” size, and shitty gray paint….I would sell em and buy something that Makes me happy every time I look at it.
My wife loves them (minus the dark grey paint) & it's her vehicle. I will say, as the one who maintains, washes, details all our vehicles, they are a paint to clean. That said, if we were planning to keep this vehicle longer than 2-3 years, I may look into swapping them out, but she usually trades in: upgrades every 2-3 years.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts