Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

· Registered
1,077 Posts
It’s personal preference, for sure. I like the dark gray on some colors and not others, but feel like it’s a nice change from a decade plus of ‘black wheels are cooler’. If you want any car to look its best, you have to use discretion and choose tastefully. Changing trim, wheels, etc depending on the color and model. On some cars the ‘murdered out’ look just screams ‘Dollar Store DJ’, but actually looks really tight on others, and then some things don’t look as good in photos as they do in real life, too.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Jeep Customer Service contacted me today and said they are assisting the dealer by expediting the parts. We'll see how long "expediting" takes.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
As I was washing/detailing the GC today, I was reminded of the emblems. I mentioned previously they are a black emblem on top of a granite crystal emblem. The corners of the 4x4 and R & K in Grand Cherokee are pointed. This causes the wash mitt and towels to snag on the emblems and the black top emblem can pretty easily have a corner bent/broken or separate from the granite crystal part of the emblem. I may remove them all and replace with a decal in the matching size/font of the OEM emblems. While small, just something else to consider with this pkg.

· Registered
979 Posts
I debadged my SRT. I left the front and back “Jeep” logos as it’s integrated into the rear.
it looked clean after removing all the unnecessary lettering. And it’s easy to do without damaging the paint.
stickers would be almost impossible to get right. If font, size, and spacing isn’t 100%… it’s going to look like a Wuhan knock off…
I would recommend taking pictures of all the badges, with a tape measure for reference. Then take them off with 30lb fishing line.

· Registered
226 Posts
As I was washing/detailing the GC today, I was reminded of the emblems. I mentioned previously they are a black emblem on top of a granite crystal emblem. The corners of the 4x4 and R & K in Grand Cherokee are pointed. This causes the wash mitt and towels to snag on the emblems and the black top emblem can pretty easily have a corner bent/broken or separate from the granite crystal part of the emblem. I may remove them all and replace with a decal in the matching size/font of the OEM emblems. While small, just something else to consider with this pkg.
Is it just Jeep that you find something wrong with around every corner or are you this picky / unhappy with every vehicle?

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Is it just Jeep that you find something wrong with around every corner or are you this picky / unhappy with every vehicle?
When I pay $70k for a vehicle, yes I'm picky. And yes, I closely examine the fit & finish, features, functions, etc. on all my vehicles. These are the things that set vehicles apart from one another. But re: the emblems our '20 GC High Altitude had straight granite crystal emblems - no issues. The two-part emblem on this version is a poor design. They should've either used granite crystal or black. Pick one. 🍻

· Registered
1,077 Posts
When I pay $70k for a vehicle, yes I'm picky. And yes, I closely examine the fit & finish, features, functions, etc. on all my vehicles. These are the things that set vehicles apart from one another. But re: the emblems our '20 GC High Altitude had straight granite crystal emblems - no issues. The two-part emblem on this version is a poor design. They should've either used granite crystal or black. Pick one. 🍻
Frankly, I think it’s valuable feedback for them to consider. Anything one person says on the Internet is probably being thawed by hundreds if not thousands of other people who just don’t bother coming here. That said, we all have to accept that there were going to be certain things that aren’t quite the way we want them to be no matter what vehicle we choose. And that’s where the fun begins: figuring out how to make all those little changes, when possible.

Just look at Wrangler owners! 🤣 (I’m one of them, although I don’t own one at the moment. I’ve had a few, and made a lot of changes)

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Frankly, I think it’s valuable feedback for them to consider. Anything one person says on the Internet is probably being thawed by hundreds if not thousands of other people who just don’t bother coming here. That said, we all have to accept that there were going to be certain things that aren’t quite the way we want them to be no matter what vehicle we choose. And that’s where the fun begins: figuring out how to make all those little changes, when possible.

Just look at Wrangler owners! 🤣 (I’m one of them, although I don’t own one at the moment. I’ve had a few, and made a lot of changes)
We've had several Wranglers as well.
As these vehicles keep substantially increasing in price, consumers should be more discerning. Our '20 GC High Altitude had an MSRP of $55,700 and we purchased it brand new for $46k and change. This '23 purchased almost exactly 2 years to the day later has a MSRP of $69,9xx & we paid $64k for it.

So far for my extra $18k, I've received a vehicle missing optional equipment that was paid for, 3 wheels scratched or chipped upon delivery that Jeep will not repair, a messed up steering wheel (being replaced), more tech features that don't seem to function properly and/or have a lot of "bugs", a rear hatch that slams shut (just waiting for the back glass to shatter), & I've had to jump through hoops for over 2 months now trying to get these items resolved. So if I point out that yeah, the emblems in this package are easily snagged and/or broken due to poor design that someone in the design dept probably thought looked cool in his/her CAD program but that have inherent flaws in the real world, it is just a data point.

Out of the 37-38 vehicles we've owned to-date, 7 have been Jeeps (also had a '22 Wrangler on order but passed on it), 5 others have been Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. The only reason my wife went with this '23 is because she loved her '20 GC so much. This is not the most expensive vehicle we own by far, but at these prices and issues, maybe my wife's next vehicle is something other than Jeep.

· Registered
979 Posts
We've had several Wranglers as well.
As these vehicles keep substantially increasing in price, consumers should be more discerning. Our '20 GC High Altitude had an MSRP of $55,700 and we purchased it brand new for $46k and change. This '23 purchased almost exactly 2 years to the day later has a MSRP of $69,9xx & we paid $64k for it.

So far for my extra $18k, I've received a vehicle missing optional equipment that was paid for, 3 wheels scratched or chipped upon delivery that Jeep will not repair, a messed up steering wheel (being replaced), more tech features that don't seem to function properly and/or have a lot of "bugs", a rear hatch that slams shut (just waiting for the back glass to shatter), & I've had to jump through hoops for over 2 months now trying to get these items resolved. So if I point out that yeah, the emblems in this package are easily snagged and/or broken due to poor design that someone in the design dept probably thought looked cool in his/her CAD program but that have inherent flaws in the real world, it is just a data point.

Out of the 37-38 vehicles we've owned to-date, 7 have been Jeeps (also had a '22 Wrangler on order but passed on it), 5 others have been Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. The only reason my wife went with this '23 is because she loved her '20 GC so much. This is not the most expensive vehicle we own by far, but at these prices and issues, maybe my wife's next vehicle is something other than Jeep.
I agree. I live in a small town with no European dealerships. Having to drive 4 hours to the nearest service center was a major reason we went with the Jeep.
The wife isn’t interested in a full size behemoth SUV, so our options were limited.
I don’t play in your tax bracket, so I usually like to buy lightly used to avoid initial depreciation.. but those days are gone..
I would have rather had a 2 year old fully loaded German or Lexus SUV…

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I agree. I live in a small town with no European dealerships. Having to drive 4 hours to the nearest service center was a major reason we went with the Jeep.
The wife isn’t interested in a full size behemoth SUV, so our options were limited.
I don’t play in your tax bracket, so I usually like to buy lightly used to avoid initial depreciation.. but those days are gone..
I would have rather had a 2 year old fully loaded German or Lexus SUV…
I agree the GC checks a lot of boxes in this segment, and I've been buying Jeeps since 1994 with my first Wrangler Sahara. But their price increases aren't coming with greater service or ownership experiences nor necessarily better quality. I bought my wife a '16 Wrangler Unlimited Black Bear special Edition back in 2015. Unfortunately it was totaled shortly thereafter and we picked up a '16 Unlimited Backcountry Edition. Sticker was $45k. The '22 Wrangler we ordered last year was optioned exactly the same as the '16, exactly and now had a MSRP of $55k. And one can read the Wrangler forums for all the issues with the JLUs. We passed on the order because it was taking way too long to get delivered. Was ordered in Nov, built in May and sitting in a holding lot still in July.

I've had enough vehicles to know they all come with their issues, but like I said, the higher the prices get, so do my expectations.

The original intent of this post was to discuss the components of the High Altitude pkg on the GCL and issues with the pkg for those who may be considering the pkg for an additional $1,900. Whether I'm being too picky will vary depending on the reader's point of view.

· Registered
618 Posts
As you say for back to the original intent of this thread, I don’t think you are being too picky about something you paid extra for, lists the specific components of that package, and you did not receive. (The other stuff is a different topic)

· Registered
226 Posts
Picked up JGC-SR yesterday. First one I’ve seen come from the factory with black rails as it was supposed to. So jeep has definitely acknowledged the issue and I think we owe that to you and other owners that complained. Wheels are still grey which is good bc I chose the black exterior so they didn’t match (was considering grey). My steering wheel leather is tight but have the same overlap around the buttons and wood. I think it’s on purpose? I love the wood around the cabin and my emblem edges are sharp ;).

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
979 Posts
Thanks for posting. Here's a close up of ours. If it's supposed to be this way, pretty crappy fitment.
View attachment 246904
View attachment 246905
PP
Interior Pic if you want to see the wheel

View attachment 246899
Take my advice, put PPF on the piano black. I wish I had done mine on day one. I had to install mine myself as my local installer refused to get the electronics wet..
only piece I need to redo is the screen (quite a few tricky little curves)

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
PP

Take my advice, put PPF on the piano black. I wish I had done mine on day one. I had to install mine myself as my local installer refused to get the electronics wet..
only piece I need to redo is the screen (quite a few tricky little curves)
I agree - ours is already scratched from simply wiping it off with a microfiber cloth - the same one you use for glasses/sunglasses. Ridiculous.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts